Web Analytics MCQ Questions - Digital Marketing
This section focuses on "Web Analytics" in Digital Marketing. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Digital Marketing skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. In order to identify the users, web analytics tools need to report on?
Explanation: In order to identify the users, web analytics tools need to report on user sessions (also referred to as visits).
2. Which of the following method used to identify user sessions?
Explanation: There are different techniques to identify users such as IP addresses, user agent and IP address combination, cookies, and authenticated user.
3. The most common user identification technique is via?
Explanation: Nowadays, the most common user identification technique is via cookies which are small packets of data that are usually deposited on the users computer hard disk when the person visits a website.
4. The focus of web analytics is to understand the?
Explanation: The focus of web analytics is to understand the users of a site, their behavior, and activities.
5. The immediate purpose of analyzing digital analytics data is to:
Explanation: Although all answers are good, (a) is the best option because it encompasses all others.
6. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
Explanation: You should never provide usability-related (heuristics) recommendations without actual data in your dashboards.
7. What are the three areas of expertise of a Center of Excellence?
Explanation: The three areas of expertise of a Center of Excellence are Business Outcomes and Actions/ Enabling Capabilities/ Analysis.
8. You want to understand if users use their mobile phone to access your site. Which of the following approach is preferable?
Explanation: You could ask the questions in a survey, but the answer is readily available in the Google Analytics reports (and all other web analytics platforms)
9. Publishing ads through Facebook would fall under which media type?
Explanation: Don't confuse owned and paid media. Leveraging Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn ad networks falls under the paid category, while posting on your own Facebook page would be owned media. Interacting on someone else's Facebook page or account would fall under the earned media category.
10. Google Analytics can only recognize returning users on websites, not on mobile apps.
Explanation: The statement is false