Software Engineering Interview Questions And Answers
This article contains Software Engineering Interview questions with answers. We have given Software Engineering interview questions faced by freshers and experienced one's in real interviews in IT industry. Dear readers, these Software Engineering Interview questions have been specially designed so that you can get acquainted with the nature of the questions you may be ask during your interviews.
1. What is Software Engineering?
2. What are the categories of software?
3. What is testing?
4. What is white box testing?
5. What is Black box testing?
6. What are verification and validation?
7. What is debugging?
8. Define cyclomatic complexity?
9. What is error tracking?
10. What is CASE tools?
11. What is data design?
12. Define Cohesion and Coupling?
13. What are the different types of cohesion?
14. What are the different types of coupling?
15. What is user interface design?
16. What is meant by specification?
17. Define process?
18. How the spiral model works?
19. What is winwin spiral model?
20. Mention the various views in the system engineering hierarchy?
21. What is the software requirements definition?
22. What is SDLC?
23. What are data acquisition system?
24. Define software configuration model
25. What are the SCM activities?
26. What is meant by loop testing?
27. What is meant by smoke testing?
28. 28. What are alpha and beta tests?
29. What is meant by system testing?
30. Mention the categories of debugging approaches?
31. Define metric?
32. What is adaptive maintenance?
33. What is the user requirements?
34. What is the test scenario?
35. Define prototype?
36. What is the system image?
37. what is the transform mapping?
38. What is the traceability matrix?
39. What is Agile?
40. What are the advantages of agile?
41. What is Quality Control?
42. What is Quality Assurance?
43. What is Cost of Quality?
44. What is the Cost of Correcting Defects?
45. What are the advantages and disadvantages of Black-Box Testing?
|Well suited and efficient for large code segments.||Limited coverage, since only a selected number of test scenarios is actually performed.|
|Code access is not required.||Inefficient testing, tester only has limited knowledge about an application.|
|Clearly separates user's perspective from the developer's perspective through visibly defined roles.||Blind coverage, since the tester cannot target specific code segments or errorprone areas.|
|Large numbers of moderately skilled testers can test the application with no knowledge of implementation, programming language, or operating systems.||The test cases are difficult to design.|
46. What are the advantages and disadvantages of White-Box Testing?
|Direct statement by statement testing||Vast resource needed|
|Check algorithm are correctly defined and coded.||Cannot test performance in terms of availability, reliability, load durability.|
|Adherence to coding standards.||Difficult to maintain|
|Measure coding quality||Costs are high|
47. What is the difference between validation and verification?
|Validation is a dynamic mechanism of validating and testing the actual product.||Verification is a static practice of verifying documents, design, code, and program.|
|It does involve executing the code.||It does not involve executing the code.|
|It is computer-based execution of program.||It is human-based checking of documents and files.|
|Validation to check whether the software meets the customer expectation and requirement.||Verification is to check whether the software conforms to the specification.|
|It can catch errors that verification cannot catch. It is a high-level exercise.||It can catch errors that validation cannot catch. It is a low-level exercise.|
48. What is the difference between cohesion and coupling?
|Cohesion is the concept of intra module||Coupling is the concept of inter module|
|Cohesion represents the relationship within module||Coupling represents the relationship between module|
|Increasing in cohesion is good for software.||Increasing in coupling is avoided for software.|
|Highly cohesive give the best software||Loosely coupling give the best software|
|Module focus on the single thing||Module is connected to the other module.|
49. What is the difference between Alpha and Beta testing?
|Alpha Testing||Beta Testing|
|Perform by developer||Perform by customer|
|Conducted for software application||Conducted for software product|
|Performed in virtual environment||Performed in a real environment|
|Involves both white box and black box testing||Involves black box testing|
|It is not open to the market and public||It is open to the market and public|
50. What is the difference between Quality Control and Quality Assurance?
|Quality Assurance||Quality Control|
|QA is a managing tool||QC is a correcting tool|
|QA is process oriented||QC is product oriented|
|QA use proactive strategy||QC use reactive strategy|
|QA use for prevention of defects||QC use for detection of defects|
|Everyone is responsible||Testing team is responsible|
Also check :