Software Engineering MCQ
Software Engineering MCQs : Software Engineering MCQ Questions - This section focuses on "Basics" of Software Engineering. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Software Engineering skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Software is considered to be collection of ____________.
Explanation: Software is considered to be collection of executable programming code, associated libraries and documentations.
2. The process of developing a software product using software engineering principles and methods is referred to as____________.
Explanation: The process of developing a software product using software engineering principles and methods is referred to as software evolution.
3. Lehman has given laws for software evolution and he divided the software into ________ different categories.
Explanation: Lehman has given laws for software evolution. He divided the software into three different categories: S-type, P-type and E-type.
4. Which of the following is not consider laws for E-Type software evolution?
Explanation: Continuing quality is not consider laws for E-Type software evolution instead of that Reducing quality is the law.
5. Which of the following laws for E-Type says "E-type software system must continue to adapt to the real world changes, else it becomes progressively less useful".
Explanation: Continuing change : An E-type software system must continue to adapt to the real world changes, else it becomes progressively less useful.
6. Which of the following is the Characteristics of good software?
Explanation: A software product can be judged by what it offers and how well it can be used. This software must satisfy on the following grounds: Operational, Transitional, Maintenance.
7. Where there is a need of Software Engineering?
Explanation: The need of software engineering arises because of higher rate of change in user requirements and environment on which the software is working.
8. The reason for software bugs and failures is due to____________.
Explanation: Software companies are responsible for making policies and providing working atmosphere for the software development, so in turn these companies become a part of software development process.Bugs from developers side is no new thing. Thus option c answers the question.
9. Efficiency in a software product does not include ________
Explanation: Licensing of a software product comes under corporate part of the software company.
10. What are attributes of good software ?
Explanation: Good software should deliver the required functinality, maintainability. Software development is not an attribute but a fundamental.