Software Analysis MCQ
Software Analysis MCQs : This section focuses on "Software Analysis" of Software Engineering. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Software Engineering skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. What is DFD stands for?
Explanation: Data flow diagram is graphical representation of flow of data in an information system.
2. Which type of DFD concentrates on the system process, and flow of data in the system?
Explanation: Logical DFD : This type of DFD concentrates on the system process, and flow of data in the system.For example in a Banking software system, how data is moved between different entities.
3. How many levels of DFD is?
Explanation: There are generally 3 level of DFD: level 0, level 1, level 2.
4. Which of the following is not a component in DFD?
Explanation: Attributes is not a component in DFD.
5. HIPO model was developed by?
Explanation: HIPO model was developed by IBM in year 1970.
6. What is level 2 in DFD means?
Explanation: Level 2 : At this level, DFD shows how data flows inside the modules mentioned in Level 1.
7. HIPO stand for?
Explanation: HIPO (Hierarchical Input Process Output) diagram is a combination of two organized method to analyze the system and provide the means of documentation.
8. The context diagram is also known as _____________.
Explanation: Context diagram captures the various entities external to the system interacting with it and data flow occurring between the system and the external entities.
9. A directed arc or line in DFD represents
Explanation: It resembles data flow in the direction of the arrow
10. Which of the following is a function of CASE Tool?
Explanation: Supporting Structured analysis and design (SA/SD) is a function of CASE Tool.