Rest API MCQ Questions - Microsoft Azure
This section focuses on "Rest API" of Microsoft Azure. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Microsoft Azure skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. What does REST in REST API stand for?
Explanation: REST API stands for Representational State Tansfer which determines the look of an API.
2. Which one of the following is not a component of REST API request/response?
Explanation: All the first three options are the part of REST API request components. In API, each url is a request.
3. Which one of the following is not a part of request URI?
Explanation: GET is a part of request message header.
4. Which request URI component is optional?
Explanation: Query string is optional which is used for additional parameters.
5. Which request URI component of REST API gives domain name or IP address of the server where REST service endpoint is hosted?
Explanation: Main function of URI is to identify a resource unambiguously, where domain name or IP address is specified by URI host.
6. Which HTTP method is supported by Azure REST API?
Explanation: Azure REST API supports GET, POST, HEAD, PUT and PATCH Hmethods.
7. Which component is used for specifying the protocol used for transmitting the request?
Explanation: URI scheme of request URI determines the protocol used for transmitting the request.
8. The type of operation requested is determined by:
Explanation: HTTP method that comes under request message header specifies the type of operation requested.
9. Which REST Operation Group lists the operations for API Management provider?
Explanation: API Management operations list the operations for the API Management provider while API Management service provides operations for managing Azure API Management service instances.
10. Choose the correct option with reference to REST API.
Explanation: The default media type for requests and responses is application/json. But some operations may also support other content type too but default is application/json.