Storage MCQ Questions - Microsoft Azure
This section focuses on "Storage" in Microsoft Azure. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Microsoft Azure skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Which one of the following is not correct regarding Azure storage?
Explanation: Data redundancy is there which makes the data more available.
2. Which one of the following is the data service provided by Azure Storage platform?
Explanation: Azure Blobs, Azure Tables, Azure Disks, Azure Queues, Azure Files are the data services provided by Azure Storage platform.
3. Which one of the following provides block level storage volumes for Azure VMs?
Explanation: Azure disks provide the block level storage volumes. In case of Azure managed disks, users only need to specify the disk size, disk type and the provision of disk while the rest is taken care of by the Azure.
4. Which one of the following is most preferred for storing streaming videos and audios?
Explanation: Azure Blobs can store massive unstructured data. Hence for storing streaming videos and audios, Azure Blobs storage will be the most preferred one.
5. How many replication options are there while creating an Azure storage account?
Explanation: While creating Azure Storage account, there are 4 replication options available viz Locally redundant storage, Zone redundant storage, Geo redundant storage, Read access geo redundant storage.
6. While creating Azure Storage account, which replication option is the cheapest one?
Explanation: In Locally redundant storage, copy of data is created in the region where the storage account is created and it is the cheapest one among all the redundant options.
7. How many copies of data are created in case of geo redundant storage replication?
Explanation: 6 copies of data are created in a different region in case of geo redundant storage.
8. Choose the incorrect option regarding Zone redundant storage replication.
Explanation: In case of zone redundant storage replication, copies of data can be created in different facilities of either same or different regions.
9. What can be the maximum size of a queue message?
Explanation: Main function of Queue storage is to store and retrieve messages which can be of size upto 64KB.
10. Choose the correct option regarding Azure Storage.
Explanation: All the above three statements hold true for Azure Storage.