HTML Basics MCQs
HTML MCQs : This section focuses on the "Basics" of Html. These Multiple Choice Questions (mcq) should be practiced to improve the Html skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placement, entrance exam and other competitive examinations.
1. .HTML stands for
Explanation: HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language.
2. In which year HTML was invented?
Explanation: The first version of HTML was written by Tim Berners-Lee in 1993.
3. Which of the following is not correct with reference to HTML?
Explanation: DOCTYPE in HTML has all the above 3 properties.
4. HTML tags are represented within
Explanation: HTML tags are enclosed with <>. eg, paragraph tag is written as
5. Drag and drop feature is supported in
Explanation: Drag and drop is supported in HTML5 but not in HTML4.
6. What if one does not use the doctype in the starting of HTML document?
Explanation: If the browser finds <!doctype html> in the starting of an HTML document it sets the document in standard mode but if one does not use a doctype, the browser goes to quirky mode.
7. Which element is design to wrap a single piece of information?
Explanation: <time> tag wrap single piece of information i.e. it defines date, month and year.
8. The __________ attribute sets the text direction as related to the lang attribute.
Explanation: The dir attribute specifies the text direction of the elementâ€™s content. List of directory files is given by dir tag which is not supported in HTML5.
9. To create HTML page, you need
Explanation: To create HTML page, you need Web browser and text editor.
10. Who is Known as the father of World Wide Web (WWW)?
Explanation: Tim Berners-Lee is Known as the father of World Wide Web (WWW).
Also check :