HTML Basics MCQs
This section focuses on the "Basics" of Html. These Multiple Choice Questions (mcq) should be practiced to improve the Html skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placement, entrance exam and other competitive examinations.
1. .HTML stands for
Explanation: HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language.
2. In which year HTML was invented?
Explanation: In 1991, HTML was invented.
3. Which of the following is not correct with reference to HTML?
Explanation: DOCTYPE in HTML has all the above 3 properties.
4. HTML tags are represented within
Explanation: HTML tags are enclosed with <>. eg, paragraph tag is written as
5. Drag and drop feature is supported in
Explanation: Drag and drop is supported in HTML5 but not in HTML4.
6. What if one does not use the doctype in the starting of HTML document?
Explanation: If the browser finds <!doctype html> in the starting of an HTML document it sets the document in standard mode but if one does not use a doctype, the browser goes to quirky mode.
7. Which element is design to wrap a single piece of information?
Explanation: <time> tag wrap single piece of information i.e. it defines date, month and year.
8. The __________ attribute sets the text direction as related to the lang attribute.
Explanation: The dir attribute specifies the text direction of the elementâ€™s content. List of directory files is given by dir tag which is not supported in HTML5.
9. To create HTML page, you need
Explanation: To create HTML page, you need Web browser and text editor.
10. Who is Known as the father of World Wide Web (WWW)?
Explanation: Tim Berners-Lee is Known as the father of World Wide Web (WWW).
Also check :