Web Performance MCQ Questions and Answers
Web Performance MCQs : This section focuses on "Web Performance" in Html. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) should be practiced to improve the Html skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placement, entrance exam and other competitive examinations.
1. ___________ refers to the speed in which web pages are downloaded and displayed on the user's web browser.
Explanation: Web performance refers to the speed in which web pages are downloaded and displayed on the user's web browser.
2. website optimization is the field of knowledge about increasing web performance
Explanation: True, website optimization is the field of knowledge about increasing web performance
3. Web performance optimization improves?
Explanation: Web performance optimization improves user experience (UX) when visiting a website and therefore is highly desired by web designers and web developers.
4. Steve Souders coined the term "web performance optimization" in ________.
Explanation: Steve Souders coined the term "web performance optimization" in 2004
5. Major portion of web page contributes _________________
Explanation: 64% of any website’s page is made up of images. The loading speed of the websites also slows down due to this much contribution of images in a web page. To reduce this loading time we use web performance optimization.
6. What is the maximum cache size for Chrome?
Explanation: Maximum Cache size for Chrome is 300 MB, for Safari it is unlimited, For Opera 10+ it is 400 MB, for Firefox 17 the maximum cache size is 1024 MB, for Internet Explorer 6,7,8 it is 50 MB and for Internet Explorer maximum cache size is 250 MB.
7. HTTP request is between _______________
Explanation: HTTP stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol. For fetching, data from server browser uses HTTP request, and in between client and host. The more HTTP request slower the loading of a page will be.
8. Gzip is not fully supported by ___________
Explanation: Gzip or deflate is partially supported by Netscape 4.60+. Netscape 6+, IE 4+, Opera 5+, Safari, Chrome, Lynx 2.6+ and Firefox fully support Gzip compression, IE 4.5 and 5 does not support Gzip compression, IE 5.5 and 6.0, IE 6.0 SPI, IE 6,7,8 partially support Gzip compression.
9. Does web caching optimization reduces server load, bandwidth usage and latency?
Explanation: True, Web Caching Optimization reduces server load, bandwidth usage and latency.
10. Web caches are located on __________ of a CDN.
Explanation: Web caches are located on either the client side (forward position) or web-server side (reverse position) of a CDN.