Metadata MCQ Questions and Answers
Metadata MCQs : This section focuses on "Metadata" in Html. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) should be practiced to improve the Html skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placement, entrance exam and other competitive examinations.
1. The _________ tag defines metadata about an HTML document.
Explanation: The meta tag defines metadata about an HTML document. Metadata is data (information) about data.
2. meta tags always go inside the ________ element.
Explanation: meta tags always go inside the head element, and are typically used to specify character set, page description, keywords, author of the document, and viewport settings.
3. Does will be displayed on the page.
Explanation: Metadata will not be displayed on the page, but is machine parsable.
4. Which attribute specifies the value associated with the http-equiv or name attribute?
Explanation: Content : Specifies the value associated with the http-equiv or name attribute
5. charset is used for?
Explanation: charset specifies the character encoding for the HTML document
6. Which of the following is not a function of robots meta tag?
Explanation: Valid values for the “CONTENT” attribute are: “INDEX”, “NOINDEX”, “FOLLOW”, “NOFOLLOW”, “NOARCHIVE”. “NOREPEAT” is not any of robots meta tag.
7. What is the role of charset attribute? It specifies
Explanation: A charset attribute is new in HTML5. The charset is used to provide the character support. The charset attribute specifies the character encoding which is in an external script file.
8. __________ prevents the page from being indexed altogether.
Explanation: NOFOLLOW attribute instruct search engines that a hyperlink should not influence the link target’s ranking in search engine. NOINDEX prevents page from being indexed. To prevent a page from being cracked, NOARCHIEVE tag can be used. The noindex value of an HTML robots meta tag requests that automated Internet bots avoid indexing a web page.
9. Metadata is used by browsers, search engines, and other web services.
Explanation: Metadata is used by browsers (how to display content or reload page), search engines (keywords), and other web services.
10. meta support which global attributes?
Explanation: The tag also supports all the Global Attributes in HTML.