Partnership Aptitude Questions and Answers
This section focuses on "Partnership" in Quantitative Aptitude. These Multiple Choice Questions (mcq) should be practiced to improve the Quantitative Aptitude skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. P, Q, R invested in the ratio of 15:16:17. After the end of the business teram they receives the profit in the
ratio 9:10:11. Find the ratio of time in which they invested in the business.
Explanation: P, Q, R invest the amount in the ratio 15:16:17
T1, T2, T3 are time for investment profit gained =investment × time
Profit ratio= 9: 10: 11=15 × T1 :16 × T2 : 17 × T3
2. 3 partners A , B, C starts a business. 4 times of A's capital is equal to 6 times of B's Capital and B's Capital
is 8 times of C's capital if profit of B is Rs.6300. Then find the average profit A and C.
Explanation: Let the capital of C be y
Let the capital of B be 8y
Let the capital of A be 48y/4=12y
Ratio of their profit is ,
A:B:C = 12y : 8y :y
Total of A&C =6300/8 *13
Average profit of A&C
3. X invested 13% more than Y's investment. Y invested 18% less than investment of Z. X's investment is
what percent of investment made by both Y and Z?
Explanation: Let investment of Z be 100%
Let Y's investment is 82%
Also A's investment is 92.66%
Required % =92.66/182*100= 50.9%
4. X invested three- nineth, Y invested three-seventh of the remaining and Zth remaining. If Y earned
Rs.840 as profit pr each year. Find the average monthly profit of all.
Explanation: Let total amount puts by X, Y& Z be P
X's investment = 3/9 P
Balance investment =6/9 p
Y's investment =6/9*P*3/7=2/7 P
Remaining investment =8 p/21 =Z's amounts
Profit ratio of X,Y &Z,
X:Y:Z=3/9 *P:2/7 *P:8/21*p=7:6:8
1month share =840/12=Rs .70
Average monthly profit of X, Y, Z=70/3 *21
5. A Shop makes a profit of Rs. 85000 of which 15% as paid as taxes. If the rest is divided among the
partners A,B,C in the ratio 8:7:6 then the total share of A and B is
Explanation: Profit by company =Rs.85000
After paying tax of 15%
Remaining profit =85000*85/100
Profit ratio of X, Y, Z
Total share of X & Y
6. Rs.10500 is divided among P, Q and R. So that P receives half as much as Q and Q receives half as
much as R. Then then total share of P and R is
Explanation: Let amount received by R is X
Amount received by Q is X/2
Amount received by P is X/4
Profit ratio of
P,Q & R =X/4:X/2:X
Total share of P&R
=10500*5/7 =Rs 7500
7. Ajay and vivek are active partner in a particular work. Ajay receive 1/7th of the capital for 84 months and
vivek receives 1/8 th of the profit, for how long vivek amount was used?
Explanation: Let total profit be A.
Profit earned by vivek =1/8*A.
Profit earned by Ajay =7/8 *A
Ratio of vivek & Ajay =1:7
Let total capital investment be Z Ajay receive 1/7th of Z for 84 months
Vijay receive 6/7th of Z for Y months
7/1=(1/7*Z*84)/(6/7*Z*Y) => Y = 2month
8. In a work A and B invested amounts in the ratio 7:9, whereas the ratio between amounts invested by A
and C was 5:11. If Rs. 12750 was their profit, how much amount did B gained?
Explanation: A & B ratio =7:9
B & A post ratio = 9:7
A & C post ratio=5:11
A:B:C = 45:35:77
Amount received by B =35/157*12750=Rs.2842
9. Suja and Madhavi are partners in a business, Suja invests Rs.42000 for 9 months and Madhavi invests
Rs.54000 for 12 months. Then, out of a profit of 38750 find suja’s profit?
Explanation: Ratio of their shares = (42000*9) : (54000*12)
= 378 : 648
Suja's share = Rs(38750 * 7/19)
10. X, Y, Z subscribe is Rs.25000 for a business. X subscribes Rs.2000 more than Y and Y Rs.2500 more
than Z. out of a total profit of Rs.17500, X receives
Explanation: Let Z = y, then Y = y+2500, X = y+2500+2000
So y+y+2500+y+4500 = 25000
3y = 18000 => y = 6000
X:Y:Z = 10500: 8500 : 6000
= 105 : 85 : 60
= 21:17 : 12
X's share = Rs.(17500*21/50)