Average - Quantitative Aptitude Questions and Answers
This section focuses on "Average" in Quantitative Aptitude. These Multiple Choice Questions (mcq) should be practiced to improve the Quantitative Aptitude skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Find the average of even numbers above 1000 & upto 1 lakh?
Explanation: No of even numbers upto 1lkah = 50000
No of even numbers upto 1000 = 500
No of even numbers above 1000 & upto 1 lakh= 49500
sum of first N even numbers = N*N
sum of even numbers above 1000 & upto 1 lakh = 50000*50000 - 500*500 = 2499750000
average of even numbers above 1000& upto 1 lakh = 2499750000/ 49500 = 50500
2. Rohit married 21 years ago at the age of 90 years. His wife's present age 99years. If 24 years later the
average age of rohit, his wife and their son was 90 years, then what is son's present age?
Explanation: Rohit present age = 111years
total age of family after 24 yrs = 90*3= 270
present age of rohit & his wife = 111+99 = 210yrs
present age of rohit, his wife & his son= 270- 24*3 =198
present age of son= 210-198=12yrs
3. When a girl weighing 90 kgs left a class, the average weight of the remaining 119 students increased by
400 g. What is the average weight of the remaining 119 students?
Explanation: Let the average weight of the 119 students be X.
Therefore, the total weight of the 119 of them will be 119X.
The questions states that when the weight of this student who left is added, the total weight of the class
When this student is also included, the average weight decreases by 0.4 kgs.
4. A batsman average for 20 innings is 25 runs. His highest score exceeds his lowest score by 64 runs. If
these 2 innings are excluded, the average of the remaining 18 innings is 24 runs. The highest score of the
Explanation: Let the highest score be x
Then lowest score = x-64
Then (25 *20)- 18 * 24 = 432
5. An Aided school has only three classes which contain 70, 36 and 40students respectively. The pass
percentage of these classes are30,25 and 20 respectively. The pass percentage of the aided school is
Explanation: Total number of students passed in class1 = 30/100 *70 = 21
Total number of students passed in class 2= 25/100 *36 = 9
Total number of students passed in class 3= 20/100 *40 = 8
Total number of students passed in the school = 38
Thus, pass percentage of the school = 38 /146*100 = 26 %
6. At the average age of siva and sasi is equal to the average age of somu and ramu. if the ratio of age of
siva and sasi 1:3 and somu age is equal to the three by two of siva age. What is the present age of somu if
ramu age is 25years?
siva+sasi/2=somu + ramu/2
Siva’s age is 10 then somu's age = 3/2×10=15 years
7. The average marks obtained by a student in Tamil, english, maths, science, and social together is 65%
above the average mark obtained in maths and science together. How many more marks exceeded by the
average of maths and science together than the sum of the tamil and english together?
Explanation: According to the question There is no other information about the marks in any one of the subject. The data gives is insufficient to answer the question.
8. The Cricketer average score in 40 over is 21, if the man scores 23runs in 8over, 26 runs in 10 over and
18runs in 14 over. What is the average score in remaining over?
Explanation: According to the question
9. The average weight of a group of 22students is 34kg. When the weight of the staff is also included, the
average weight increases by 2kg. What is the weight of the staff?
Explanation: The average weight of a group of 22students = 34 kgs.
Therefore, the total weight of the group = 22*34 = 748 kg
When the weight of the staff is included, there are 23 individuals.
The average weight increases by 2kg. That is the new average weight = 36 kgs.
Therefore, the total weight of the 22 students plus the staff = 23* 36= 828
10. The average of the 3 digit number, which remain the same when the digits interchange their positions is.
Explanation: Average = (111+222+333+444+555+666+777+888+999)/9
=4440 + 555/9