Hadoop Yarn MCQs
This section focuses on "YARN" in Hadoop. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the hadoop skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. What is the full form of YARN?
Explanation: Yet Another Resource Negotiator is the full form of YARN.
2. YARN is the one who helps to manage the resources across the ________.
Explanation: YARN is the one who helps to manage the resources across the clusters.
3. How many major component Yarn has?
Explanation: Yarn consists of three major components.
4. Which of the following is the component of YARN?
Explanation: Yarn consists of three major components i.e. Resource Manager, Nodes Manager, Application Manager.
5. Which managers work on the allocation of resources?
Explanation: Node managers work on the allocation of resources such as CPU, memory, bandwidth per machine and later on acknowledges the resource manager.
6. Point out the correct statement.
Explanation: YARN provides ISVs and developers a consistent framework for writing data access applications that run IN Hadoop.
7. The ____________ is the ultimate authority that arbitrates resources among all the applications in the system.
Explanation: The ResourceManager and per-node slave, the NodeManager (NM), form the data-computation framework.
8. Yarn commands are invoked by the ________ script.
Explanation: Running the yarn script without any arguments prints the description for all commands.
9. The CapacityScheduler has a predefined queue called _________
Explanation: All queues in the system are children of the root queue.
10. Which of the following command runs ResourceManager admin client?
Explanation: proxyserver command starts the web proxy server.