Hadoop lucene MCQs
This section focuses on "Lucene" in Hadoop. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the hadoop skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. ___________ provides Java-based indexing and search technology.
Explanation: Lucene provides spellchecking, hit highlighting and advanced analysis/tokenization capabilities.
2. Point out the correct statement.
Explanation: PyLucene requires Python version 2.x (x >= 3.5) and Java version 1.x (x &t;= 5).
3. ____________ is a subproject with the aim of collecting and distributing free materials.
Explanation: Open Relevance Project is used for relevance testing and performance.
4. Lucene provides scalable, high-Performance indexing over ______ per hour on modern hardware.
Explanation: Lucene offers powerful features through a simple API.
5. Lucene index size is roughly _______ the size of text indexed.
Explanation: Lucene provides incremental indexing as fast as batch indexing.
6. All file access uses Java's __________ APIs which give Lucene stronger index safety.
Explanation: Index safety is provided in terms of better error handling and safer commits.
7. Heap usage during IndexWriter merging is also much lower with the new _________
Explanation: Doc values and norms for the segments being merged are no longer fully loaded into heap for all fields
8. PostingsFormat now uses a __________ API when writing postings, just like doc values.
Explanation: This is powerful because you can do things in your postings format that require making more than one pass through the postings such as iterating over all postings.
9. SolrJ now has first class support for __________ API.
Explanation: Solr is the popular, blazing-fast, open source enterprise search platform built on Apache Lucene.
10. ____________ can be used to generate stats over the results of arbitrary numeric functions.
Explanation: stats.field allows for requesting for statistics for pivot facets using tags.