Hadoop HBase MCQs
Hadoop HBase MCQs : This section focuses on "HBase" in Hadoop. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the hadoop skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. which of the following is correct statement?
Explanation: HBase is a distributed column-oriented database built on top of the Hadoop file system. It is an open-source project and is horizontally scalable.
2. which of the following is not a feature of Hbase?
Explanation: Option A is incorrect because HBase is linearly scalable.
3. When did HBase was first released?
Explanation: HBase was first released in February 2007. Later in January 2008, HBase became a sub project of Apache Hadoop.
4. Apache HBase is a non-relational database modeled after Google's _________
Explanation: Bigtable acts up on Google File System, likewise Apache HBase works on top of Hadoop and HDFS.
5. HBaseAdmin and ____________ are the two important classes in this package that provide DDL functionalities.
Explanation: Java provides an Admin API to achieve DDL functionalities through programming.
6. which of the following is correct statement?
Explanation: All the options are correct.
7. HBase supports a ____________ interface via Put and Result.
Explanation: Input could be strings, numbers, complex objects, or even images as long as they can rendered as bytes.
8. Which command is used to disable all the tables matching the given regex?
Explanation: The syntax for disable_all command is as follows : hbase > disable_all 'r.*'
9. _________ is the main configuration file of HBase.
Explanation: Set the data directory to an appropriate location by opening the HBase home folder in /usr/local/HBase.
10. which of the following is incorrect statement?
Explanation: No transactions are there in HBase.