Hadoop MCQ Questions And Answers - Sqoop
This section focuses on "Sqoop" in Hadoop. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Hadoop skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Sqoop written in?
Explanation: Written in: Java
2. Sqoop stands for?
Explanation: Sqoop stands for SQL to Hadoop.
3. Is Apache Sqoop is an open-source tool?
Explanation: Apache Sqoop is an open-source tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured data stores such as relational databases.
4. Data processed by Scoop can be used for?
Explanation: Data processed by Scoop can be used for MapReduce or Hive.
5. _________ tool can list all the available database schemas
Explanation: Sqoop also includes a primitive SQL execution shell (the sqoop-eval tool).
6. The active Hadoop configuration is loaded from $HADOOP_HOME/conf/, unless the $HADOOP_CONF_DIR environment variable is unset.
Explanation: False, the above statement is not true.
7. Data can be imported in maximum ______ file formats.
Explanation: You can import data in one of two file formats: delimited text or SequenceFiles.
8. If you set the inline LOB limit to ________ all large objects will be placed in external storage.
Explanation: The size at which lobs spill into separate files is controlled by the –inline-lob-limit argument, which takes a parameter specifying the largest lob size to keep inline, in bytes.
9. The import-tables tool imports a set of tables from an RDBMS to?
Explanation: The import-tables tool imports a set of tables from an RDBMS to HDFS.
10. Sqoop can also import the data into Hive by generating and executing a ____________ statement to define the data’s layout in Hive.
Explanation: Importing data into Hive is as simple as adding the –hive-import option to your Sqoop command line.