Hadoop Hive MCQs
This section focuses on "Hive" in Hadoop. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the hadoop skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Which of the following is/are INCORRECT with respect to Hive?
Explanation: Hive needs a relational database like oracle to perform query operations and store data is incorrect with respect to Hive.
2. Which of the following is not a Features of HiveQL?
Explanation: Support Transactions is not a Features of HiveQL.
3. Which of the following operator executes a shell command from the Hive shell?
Explanation: Exclamation operator is for execution of command.
4. Hive uses _________ for logging.
Explanation: By default Hive will use hive-log4j.default in the conf/ directory of the Hive installation.
5. HCatalog is installed with Hive, starting with Hive release is ___________
Explanation: hcat commands can be issued as hive commands, and vice versa.
6. _______ supports a new command shell Beeline that works with HiveServer2.
Explanation: The Beeline shell works in both embedded mode as well as remote mode.
7. The ________ allows users to read or write Avro data as Hive tables.
Explanation: AvroSerde understands compressed Avro files.
8. Which of the following data type is supported by Hive?
Explanation: Hive has no concept of enums.
9. We need to store skill set of MCQs(which might have multiple values) in MCQs table, which of the following is the best way to store this information in case of Hive?
Explanation: Option C is correct.
10. Letsfindcourse is generating huge amount of data. They are generating huge amount of sensor data from different courses which was unstructured in form. They moved to Hadoop framework for storing and analyzing data. What technology in Hadoop framework, they can use to analyse this unstructured data?
Explanation: MapReduce programming is the right answer.