TCS Verbal Ability Questions And Answers - TCS
TCS Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" of TCS Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous TCS NQT Exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming TCS NQT exam.
1. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable articles: _______ ignorance is a bliss and _________ ignorance of Miranda was really astounding.
Explanation: Ignorance is a bliss and the ignorance of Miranda was really astounding. No article is required in the first blank because ignorance is an abstract noun while in the second blank, 'the' shall be used because the second part is about a specific person's ignorance. No article, the is the correct option.
2. SYNONYM:- AUGUST
Explanation: August:- respected and impressive.
3. Choose on the correct spelling from the given options
Explanation: baffling : impossible to understand; perplexing
4. After the rain the weather ...... and the sun came out.
Explanation: Cleared up (of the weather) means to become brighter.
5. The following three sentences can be revised into one better sentence. Choose the sentence that is the best revision: I was at the fair. I got lost. I got scared.
Explanation: Here the three given sentences are presented in past tense. So, the combined sentence should also be represented in past tense. Applying this condition, we can eliminate option A and C. Because in these two options, the combined sentence is represented in present tense. In option B, the combined sentence is given as: I went to fair and got scared as I was lost. But the action of the person going to the fair is not described in any of the given individual sentences.
6. ______ the new Safari Storme, Mahindra has more leverage in increasing the sales.
Explanation: with is the right preposition here as it shows the possession.
7. The passenger car sales showed a decline ______ 7% to 5.6%
Explanation: To show the range the preposition pair is 'from....to'
8. Challenges must be __________ to realize the _________ of a greater regional economic integration.
Explanation: Challenges must be overcome to realize the potential of a greater regional economic integration. It will not be suppressed, ignored or sustained so it eliminates A, B and C.
9. Find of which part of the sentence below has an error and mark the option accordingly : Akash crouched towards directly in front of the cabinet, his face only inches away from the glass.
Explanation: It will be crouched down
10. From the following sentences, choose the sentence that contains a misspelled word : A moment after the pregnant lady/ came out of the/ hospital ward holding a baby/ boy in her arms.
Explanation: It will be : A moment later and not a moment after.