TCS Quantitative Aptitude Questions And Answers - TCS
TCS Quantitative Aptitude MCQs : This section focuses on "Quantitative Aptitude" of TCS Exam. These Quantitative Aptitude MCQs are asked in previous TCS NQT Exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming TCS NQT exam.
1. In a 400 meters race, X beats Y by 40 meters, while in a 200 meters race, Y beats Z by 10 meters. X beats Y in a kilometer race by?
Explanation: When A = 400, B = 360.
When B = 200, C = 190.
Multiple A and B and C by 2.5
A = 400 * 2.5 = 1000
B = 360 * 2.5 = 900
C = will be 855
Make B = 900. A will be 1000. C will be 855.
2. The index numbers of five commodities are 100, 105, 110, 115, 120 and the weights assigned to these are respectively 5, 10, 5, 8, 15. Then what is the weighted average index number?
Explanation: Weighted average = Sum of all the weights / Total number of weights
Sum of all the weights = 100*5 + 105*10 + 110*5 + 115*8 + 120*15 = 4820
Number of weights = 5 + 10 + 5 + 8 + 15 = 43
Weighted average = 4820 / 43 = 112.09
3. Ten years ago, the combined ages of X and Y was twice that of Z. If the sum of the ages of X and Y, fifteen years hence, is 98 years, what is the present age of Z?
Explanation: (X -10)+(Y-10) =2(Z-10)
X + Y – 20 = 2Z – 20
X + Y = 2Z
Z = 68 / 2
4. The average weight of 20 a group of mens increases by 5 kg when a new person replaces one of the men from the group who weighs 80kg. Calculate the weight of the new men.
Explanation: Total increase in weight = 20*5 =100 kg
Weight of new person = 80+100 =180 kg
5. When 50% of a number is added to 100, the result is the same number. The number is?
Explanation: Let the number be equal to x.
x/2 +100 = x
6. In a class there are 40% of girls of which 20% poor. What is the probability that a poor girl is selected is leader?
Explanation: Assume total students in the class = 100
Then Girls = 40% (100) = 40
Poor girls = 20% (40) = 8
So probability that a poor girls is selected leader = (Poor Girls/Total Girls)
= 8/100 => 8%
7. X and Y each walk 10 km. The speed of X is 1.5 faster than Y speed . X reaches the destination 1.5hrs before Y .Then X speed is equal to?
Explanation: Let speed of X = x kmph.
So, speed of Y = ( x - 1.5 ) kmph.
Time difference =1.5hours
Total Distance = 10km
10/(x-1.5) -10/x = 1.5
By solving the above eq. x = 4 kmph
8. Of a set of 30 numbers, average of first 10 numbers = average of last 20 numbers. Then the sum of the last 20 numbers is?
Explanation: since, average=(sum of n no.s)/(total no)
therefore, (sum of first 10 no.s)/10 == (sum of last 20 no)/20
Hence, (sum of last 20 no.s) = 2*(sum of first 10 no.s)
9. In a particular year, the month of march had exactly 4 friday and 4 monday On which day of the week did march 1st occur in the year?
Explanation: If a month has 31 days, and it starts with Monday, Then Mondays, tuesday, wednesday are 5 for that month. If this month starts with tuesday, then tuesday, wednesday and thursdays are 5 and remaining days are 4 each. so this month start with tuesday.
10. X takes 10 days to paint a house completely whereas Y require 15 days to paint the same house completely. How many days will take to paint the house if both them work together?
Explanation: work done by x in day=1/10
work done by other in a day=1/15
work done by both in a day=1/10 +1/15 = 5/30
days required by both = 30/5 = 6 days