All About TCS NQT Exam
About TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT)
TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) is a multi-level assessment to assess the following competencies and skills:
1. Competence on the core cognitive processes required for entry-level jobs
2. Industry-specific knowledge and insights
3. Specialisation on skills required to perform various job roles
About the Test
1. NQT (Cognitive Skills) is a prerequisite for all the tests
2. Two-year validity of NQT Score
3. Conducted online (at home) and physical In-Centre at TCS iON Authorised Exam Centres
4. Candidates with NQT Score will be eligible to apply on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal
5. Apply for any entry-level role in any corporate with the NQT Score
Who can Apply?
1. UG, PG and Diploma students in their pre-final and final year
2. Students with any degree and specialisation/discipline
3. Freshers with less than 2 years of experience
TCS NQT Variants
1. NQT (Cognitive Skills) -
NQT (Cognitive Skills) is a General Ability Test that assesses a candidate in the following areas:
a) Verbal Ability : This section assesses English grammar, appropriate usage of the same, and reading comprehension.
b) Reasoning Ability : This section assesses identifying words and numeric patterns, problem-solving, figural and factual analysis, decision-making, propositional reasoning and visual-spatial reasoning.
c) Numerical Ability : This section assesses number system, arithmetic, elementary statistics, data interpretation.
Note: The score of this test will be called as NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score.
2. Subject NQT -
Subject NQT assesses knowledge and skill in specific subjects pertaining to job roles in the following areas:
a) Test of Knowledge : Candidates will be assessed on Pseudocode, Algorithms, Programming constructs, basic Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and its stage-wise documents, implementation using C, C++ and Java.
b) Test of Application : Candidates can code in any one of the programming languages like C, C++, Java, Python3, and PERL.
c) Hands-on Exercise
Each candidate who completes the Subject NQT gets a Subject NQT Score for that particular subject. For example, Subject NQT - IT Programming. Subject NQTs are planned to be conducted every quarter. The candidates can take the tests again to improve their previous scores, if desired.
There are Subject NQTs for multiple subjects. The candidates wanting to showcase their expertise in multiple subjects across industries can appear for as many Subject NQTs as desired.
Note: NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is a prerequisite to appear for Subject NQTs.
3. Industry NQT -
Industry NQT assesses awareness and understanding on a specific industry in the following areas:
- Industry structure - domains/sub-domains
- Operative language, processes and practices
- Regulatory environment
- Specific business and technological trends
- Competitive landscape
Each candidate who completes the Industry NQT gets an Industry NQT Score for that particular industry. For example, Industry NQT- Banking. Industry NQTs are planned to be conducted every quarter. The candidates can take the tests again to improve their previous scores, if desired.
There are Industry NQTs for multiple industries. The candidates wanting to showcase their expertise in multiple industries can appear for as many Industry NQTs as desired.
Note: NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is a prerequisite to appear for Industry NQT.
TCS NQT Test Pattern 2021
The TCS NQT Curriculum has been modified this year. As TCS is going to conduct the TCS NQT Test using TCS iON platform. There will be programming MCQs & coding sections in TCS NQT Test which will be the part of Subject NQT.
TCS NQT Test (Round 1)
- Questions - 26 Ques
- Time - 40 mins
- Questions - 24 Ques
- Time - 30 mins
- Logical (Reasoning)
- Questions - 30 Ques
- Time - 50 mins
TCS Subject NQT (Round 2)
- Programming C MCQ Test
- Questions - 10 Ques
- Time - 15 mins
- Coding (Hands on Experience)
- Questions - 2 Ques
- Time - 15 mins and 30 mins
Journey to a Dream Job
Step 1 - Register
Step 2 - Buy TCS NQT Variant
Step 3 - Take the test
Step 4 - Get a benchmark score with a validity of 2 years
Step 5 - Apply for corporate jobs as per their eligibility criteria
Apply Here - Click Here