TCS Reasoning Ability Questions And Answers - TCS
TCS Reasoning Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Reasoning Ability" of TCS Exam. These Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous TCS NQT Exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming TCS NQT exam.
1. If the letters of the words DOCUMENT are rearranged as they appear in the English alphabet, the position of how many letters remain unchanged after the rearrangement?
Explanation: Given word D O C U M E N T After rearrangement C D E M N O T U So, no alphabet is at its same place
2. The first and the second digits of each numbers given below are interchanged. Then, the first and the last digits of each new number thus formed are interchanged. Which of the following numbers then will be the highest?
Explanation: After rearranging all the numbers, we get 516, 435, 724, 948. Hence, option D
3. Which is the odd term in the following series : CMQ, FPT, JTX, OYC, UFI.
Explanation: CMQ: The difference between C and M is 10. The difference between M and Q is 4.
FPT: The difference between F and P is 10. The difference between P and T is 4.
JTX: The difference between J and T is 10. The difference between T and X is 4.
OYC: The difference between O and Y is 10. The difference between Y and C is 4 (Here, the place value of C is 29 because, after Z which is the 26th letter, the 27th letter will be A, the 28th letter will be B and so on)
UFI: The difference between U and F is 11 (Here the place value of F is 32). The difference between F and I is 3.
4. In a certain code, P + R means P is the son of R; P – R means P is the wife of R and P x R means P is the father of R. If A + B - Q x S, then which of the following is true?
Explanation: A + B means A is the son of B. B - Q means B is the wife of Q. Q x S means Q is the father of S. So, A and S will be siblings and A is male. Hence, A is the brother of S.
5. In a certain code, P @ R means P is the grandson of R; P $ R means P is the brother of R; P # R means P is the mother of R.
If A @ B # C $ D, then how is B related to D?
Explanation: A@B means A is the grandson of B B#C means B is the mother of C C$D means C is the brother of D. C and D are siblings and B is the mother of C. So, B is the mother of D as well.
6. Meaningful Word Creation: 1. Country 2. Furniture 3. Forest 4. Wood 5. Trees
7. Read the following information and answer the question below. In a certain code language, sea is deep means 213, sky is blue means 514 and sea looks blue means 264. What number is the code for sky?
Explanation: In the first and second statements, the common digit is 1 and the common word is is. So, 1 is the code for is.In the second and third statements, the common digit is 4 and the common word is blue. So, 4 is the code for blue.
8. Letter Series : QAR, RAS, SAT, TAU, _____
Explanation: In this series, the third letter is repeated as the first letter of the next segment. The middle letter, A, remains static. The third letters are in alphabetical order, beginning with R.
9. If two three and four cuts are made parallel to different faces of a cube, then what is the number of identical pieces obtained?
Explanation: For x cuts you will get x+1 pieces
Therefore here you will get :
=3*4*5 => 60 pieces
10. In which year was Rahul born?
Statement I: Rahul at present is 25 years younger to his mother.
Statement II: Rahul s brother, who was born in 1964, is 35 years younger to his mother.
Explanation: From both I and II, we find that Rahul is (35 - 25) = 10 years older than his brother, who was born in 1964. So, Rahul was born in 1954.