TCS Reasoning Ability Questions And Answers - TCS
TCS Reasoning Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Reasoning Ability" of TCS Exam. These Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous TCS NQT Exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming TCS NQT exam.
1. If the letters of the words DOCUMENT are rearranged as they appear in the English alphabet, the position of how many letters remain unchanged after the rearrangement?
Explanation: Given word D O C U M E N T After rearrangement C D E M N O T U So, no alphabet is at its same place
2. The first and the second digits of each numbers given below are interchanged. Then, the first and the last digits of each new number thus formed are interchanged. Which of the following numbers then will be the highest?
Explanation: After rearranging all the numbers, we get 516, 435, 724, 948. Hence, option D
3. Which is the odd term in the following series : CMQ, FPT, JTX, OYC, UFI.
Explanation: CMQ: The difference between C and M is 10. The difference between M and Q is 4.
FPT: The difference between F and P is 10. The difference between P and T is 4.
JTX: The difference between J and T is 10. The difference between T and X is 4.
OYC: The difference between O and Y is 10. The difference between Y and C is 4 (Here, the place value of C is 29 because, after Z which is the 26th letter, the 27th letter will be A, the 28th letter will be B and so on)
UFI: The difference between U and F is 11 (Here the place value of F is 32). The difference between F and I is 3.
4. In a certain code, P + R means P is the son of R; P – R means P is the wife of R and P x R means P is the father of R. If A + B - Q x S, then which of the following is true?
Explanation: A + B means A is the son of B. B - Q means B is the wife of Q. Q x S means Q is the father of S. So, A and S will be siblings and A is male. Hence, A is the brother of S.
5. In a certain code, P @ R means P is the grandson of R; P $ R means P is the brother of R; P # R means P is the mother of R.
If A @ B # C $ D, then how is B related to D?
Explanation: A@B means A is the grandson of B B#C means B is the mother of C C$D means C is the brother of D. C and D are siblings and B is the mother of C. So, B is the mother of D as well.
6. Meaningful Word Creation: 1. Country 2. Furniture 3. Forest 4. Wood 5. Trees
7. Read the following information and answer the question below. In a certain code language, sea is deep means 213, sky is blue means 514 and sea looks blue means 264. What number is the code for sky?
Explanation: In the first and second statements, the common digit is 1 and the common word is is. So, 1 is the code for is.In the second and third statements, the common digit is 4 and the common word is blue. So, 4 is the code for blue.
8. Letter Series : QAR, RAS, SAT, TAU, _____
Explanation: In this series, the third letter is repeated as the first letter of the next segment. The middle letter, A, remains static. The third letters are in alphabetical order, beginning with R.
9. If two three and four cuts are made parallel to different faces of a cube, then what is the number of identical pieces obtained?
Explanation: For x cuts you will get x+1 pieces
Therefore here you will get :
=3*4*5 => 60 pieces
10. In which year was Rahul born?
Statement I: Rahul at present is 25 years younger to his mother.
Statement II: Rahul s brother, who was born in 1964, is 35 years younger to his mother.
Explanation: From both I and II, we find that Rahul is (35 - 25) = 10 years older than his brother, who was born in 1964. So, Rahul was born in 1954.
11. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence. 1. Income 2. Status 3. Education 4. Well-being 5. Job
Explanation: Education - job- income-status-wellbeing
12. BCB, DED, FGF, HIH, ___
Explanation: This series consists of a simple alphabetical order with the first two letters of all segments: B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K. The third letter of each segment is a repetition of the first letter.
13. Find the missing term in the series : 7, 12, 15, 16, ?, 12, 7
Explanation: The series above is given as:
1 * 7 = 7
2 * 6 = 12
3 * 5 = 15
4 * 4 = 16
5 * 3 = 15
6 * 2 = 12
7 * 1 = 7
Therefore, the missing term is 15.
14. How is my grandmother's only child's husband's mother related to me?
Explanation: My grandmother's only child is my mother. My mother's husband is my father. My father's mother is my grandmother.
15. One morning after sunrise, Suresh was standing facing a pole. The shadow of the pole fell exactly to his right. To which direction was he facing?
Explanation: Sun rises in the east in the morning. Since the shadow of Suresh falls to his right. So he is facing South.
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it.
1. Your life will be dull if you don't face a problem.
2. To escape from problems, you should always have some solutions with you.
Explanation: Only conclusion 2 follows. Explanation - In statement 2 it is written that to escape problems you should have solutions with you which relates to the statement given
All buildings are chalks.
No chalk is toffee.
No building is toffee
All chalks are buildings.
Explanation: Only 1 follows
18. How much was the total sale of the company?
Statements I. The company sold 8000 units of product A each costing Rs. 25.
Statements II. This company has no other product line.
Explanation: From I, total sale of product A = Rs. (8000 x 25) = Rs. 200000. From II, we know that the company deals only in product A. This implies that sale of product A is the total sale of the company, which is Rs. 200000.
19. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence : Tired 2. Night 3. Day 4. Sleep 5. Work.
Explanation: Logic = Cause & effect
20. SCD, TEF, UGH, ____, WKL
Explanation: There are two alphabetical series here. The first series is with the first letters only: STUVW. The second series involves the remaining letters: CD, EF, GH, IJ, KL.