Accenture Quantitative Aptitude Questions And Answers
Accenture Quantitative Aptitude MCQs : This section focuses on "Quantitative Aptitude" for Accenture Exam. These Quantitative Aptitude MCQs are asked in previous Accenture placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Accenture drives.
1. The speed of a car is 45 km/ hr. The amount of distance travelled by the car in 240 minutes is same as the distance travelled by a train in 25 minutes. What is the speed of the train in km/hr?
Explanation: 240 minutes = 240/60 = 4 hours
Distance travelled by the car in 4 hours = 45×4 = 180 kms
Time taken by the train to travel 180 kms = 25 minutes = 25/60 hours
Speed of the train = Distance/ time = 180/ (25/60) = 432 km/ hr
2. Pipe A alone takes 30 minutes to fill a cistern. Pipe A was turned off after working for 10 minutes. The rest of the cistern is filled by pipe B in 40 minutes. How much time in minutes does pipe B take to fill the cistern alone in hours?
Explanation: Time taken by the pipe A to fill the cistern = 30 minutes = 0.5 hours
Fraction of the cistern filled in one minute = 1/30
Fraction of cistern filled in 10 minutes = (1/30)×10 = 1/3
Fraction of cistern yet to be filled = 1-1/3 = 2/3
2/3 of cistern is filled by pipe B in 40 minutes. Time taken to fill a complete cistern is 1/ (2/3) × 40
= 60 minutes = 1 hour
3. The average age of a man and his son is 28 years. The ratio of their ages is 3 :1 respectively. What is the mans age?
Explanation: Total sum of mans age & his sons age = 28 × 2 = 56.
Now, the Ratio of their ages is 3 : 1.
Therefore, Mans age = (3/4) × 56 = 42
4. How many integers are there between 300 and 600 that are divisible by 9?
Explanation: The sequence is 306,… 594
5. Find the amount lost by Hannah when she sold a hand wash at a loss of 22%, if she bought it for $150.
Explanation: C.P=$ 150
Amount Loss= C.P-S.P
6. Pam can complete a job in 36 days. She started the work and after 6 days, Leslie joined her. They completed the job in 12 more days. Find the number of days in which Leslie alone can complete it.
Explanation: Let say PAM 1 day work = P
Hence total work = 36P
Pam worked for 6 + 12 = 18 Days
Work done by PAM = 18P
Remaining working = 36P - 18P = 18P
Work done by Leslie in 12 days = 18P
=> Work done by Leslie in 24 days = 36P
Hence Leslie alone can complete it. in 24 Days.
7. Determine the average of the following data 96, 24, 102, 45, 63
Explanation: Average of any series = Sum of numbers in given series/ number of items in the series.
= 330/5 = 66
8. A bag contains 3 red,5yellow and 4 green balls.3 balls are drawn randomly, what is the probability that the ball drawn contains no yellow ball?
Explanation: Probability = 35/12C3 =7/44
9. A positive integer is selected at random and is divided by 7,what is the probability that the remainder is 1?
Explanation: Any positive integer can be represented as; 7n+1 7n+2 7n+3 7n+4 7n+5 7n+6 When the integer is divided by 7, it leaves the remainder 1 Therefore the integer has to be of type 7n+1 Therefore the probability of choosing a number of the type 7n+1 is 1/7
10. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it the ratio of triangle PQS & parallelogram PQRST
Explanation: 1:2 as traingle resides half of parallelogram