Accenture Analytical Reasoning Questions And Answers
Accenture Analytical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Analytical Reasoning" for Accenture Exam. These Analytical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous Accenture placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Accenture drives.
1. Find the missing term in the series given below.
74, 75, 78, ?, 114, 195
Explanation: 74, 75, 78, ?, 114, 195
Difference : 1, 3, x, y, 81
=> 1*3, 3*3, 9*3, 27*3
x = 78 + 9 = > x = 87
y = 87 + 27 => y = 114
So, ? = 87
Some forms are cards.
Some forms are papers
I. Atleast some cards are forms
II. Atleast some cards are papers.
Explanation: I. This means atleast one card is form, which is definitely true for all the possible cases.
So, conclusion I follows.
II. This means that atleast one card is paper,which is not a necessarily true answer. So, conclusion II does not follow.
Therefore, only conclusion 1 follows. So, the answer is option A
3. A is son B is married to C whose sister D is married to E the brother of B. How D is related to A?
Explanation: Since E is the brother of B
Therefore, A is the father of E but D is the wife of E.
Hence, D is the daughter-in-law of A.
4. Sachin walks 20 km towards North. He turns left and walks 40 km. He again turns left and walks 20 km. Finally he moves 20 km after turning to the left. How far is he from his starting position?
Explanation: 20 km away from starting point.
5. In a certain code MISSIONS is written as MSIISNOS. How is ONLINE written in that code?
Explanation: First and last letter remain same.
The others interchange their positions in pair of two.
So, NL become LN IN become NI so code of ONLINE will be OLNNIE
6. Exercise is to gym as eating is to?
Explanation: A gym is a place where people exercise. A restaurant is a place where people eat. Food (choice a) is not the answer because it is something people eat, not a place or location where they eat. The answer is not choice b or c because neither represents a place where people eat.
Should there be a dress code for the employees in the office?
I. Yes, why not?
II. No, dress code makes life monotonous.
Explanation: I is not strong as there is no argument.
II is simplistic. II is not strong.
Neither I nor II is strong.
8. Pointing to Varman, Madhav said, I am the only son of one of the sons of his father. How is Varman related to Madhav?
Explanation: Madhav is the only son of one of the sons of Varman's father -> Either Varman is the father or uncle of Madhav.
9. In certain code TIGER is written as QDFHS. How is FISH written in that code?
Explanation: Reverse the word and move each letter : 1.
Reverse of FISH is HSIF subtract 1 from each letter of HSIF.
So code of FISH become GRHE.
10. Artist is to painting as senator is to?
Explanation: An artist makes paintings; a senator makes laws. The answer is not choice a because an attorney does not make laws and a senator is not an attorney. Choice c is incorrect because a senator is not a politician. Constituents (choice d) is also incorrect because a senator serves his or her constituents.