Wipro Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
Wipro Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for Wipro Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Wipro placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Wipro drives.
1. Select the word or phrase which best expresses the meaning of the given word: Dossier
Explanation: Dossier means Information or summary.
Convict means to imprison someone. Gather means to collect.
Pious means divine.
2. Select the word which is OPPOSITE in the meaning of the given word: CHRONICLE
Explanation: Chronicles means a story or a journal while secret means something that is hidden.
3. Select the option that is most nearly OPPOSITE in meaning to the given word.
The whole home was painted Saffron.
Explanation: Saffron is orange colour. So, it is opposite is red.
4. They A had went to the lake B without me C by the time D I got there, said Jacques. E No error.
Explanation: The correct form for the past perfect tense of the irregular verb to go
is had gone, not had went. Went is only used as the past tense,
without the auxiliary had. The prepositional phrase (B) is correct.
The two parts of the dependent clause (C and D) by the time I got there are correct.
5. In a ward where around 10 patients are _____ there are at least six bodies close to the beds of the patients.
Explanation: In a ward where around 10 patients are being treated there are at least six bodies close to the beds of the patients.
6. This is ______ car I bought yesterday
Explanation: This is the car I bought yesterday
7. I could not sleep ________ being very tired.
Explanation: Despite is the correct option.
Despite means regardless of, in spite of, etc. and is grammatically correct in this situation.
Although does have a similar meaning, but it is grammatically incorrect in this situation, since although being doesn’t make sense. For that to be correct, you'd have to say although I was very tired.
In order for however to work, this would have to be I could not sleep, however, I was very tired. And of the three, that makes the least sense.
So yeah. Despite is correct.
8. We were shocked at the news of his untimely demise.
Explanation: The news of his untimely demise shocked us.
9. Altercation (Meaning)
Explanation: animosity : a strong feeling of dislike or hatred
10. This is a huge traffic jam __________ of heavy rain
Explanation: This is a huge traffic jam because of heavy rain
11. Choose the improved version of statement below without changing the meaning of the sentence : We like all women to be equally paid as men in our country.
Explanation: We like all women and men to be equally paid in our country
12. I came to know that viswanath Anand ............ (win) in the national chess chamionship for the past 7 years. Use the right form of the verb in the given blank.
Explanation: For followed by a period of time always takes a perfect continuous tense.
13. Archaic (opposite)
14. Fill the blank with the appropriate : Thor is going ____ the cave to find and kill Hela.
Explanation: Into is a preposition that means to the inside or interior of. Into is related to direction and movement. Since, Thor is trying to enter the cave, the preposition ‘into’ holds true in this context.
15. When her illness took a turn for the worse, the doctors took _____________ to ____________ the situation.
Explanation: Ameliorate – to make better, improve. Modes does not fit the first blank so option 3.
16. Select the word or phrase which best expresses the meaning of the given word: ADMONISH
Explanation: Admonish means to criticize (someone) usually gently so as to correct a fault,
17. Select the word which is OPPOSITE in the meaning of the given word: Panoramic
Explanation: Panorama means an overview or a picture. Circumscribed : restrict or enclose
18. Select the option that is most nearly OPPOSITE in meaning to the given word : He work in the office where all the person act and there behavior are like Toreador
Explanation: Toreador general meaning is Bull Fighter. So, clearly the option should be Good Guy.
19. Fill in the Blanks given below to form correct sentence by using appropriate option : Prateek has a flair…………… football.
Explanation: For should be there as Flair is always used with for.
20. Small businesses, which account for a major part of the export universe, are being made to invest a disproportionate amount of time, money and resources on GST compliance.
Explanation: The statement is correct in its original form and has no error.