Wipro Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
Wipro Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for Wipro Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Wipro placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Wipro drives.
1. Select the word or phrase which best expresses the meaning of the given word: Dossier
Explanation: Dossier means Information or summary.
Convict means to imprison someone. Gather means to collect.
Pious means divine.
2. Select the word which is OPPOSITE in the meaning of the given word: CHRONICLE
Explanation: Chronicles means a story or a journal while secret means something that is hidden.
3. Select the option that is most nearly OPPOSITE in meaning to the given word.
The whole home was painted Saffron.
Explanation: Saffron is orange colour. So, it is opposite is red.
4. They A had went to the lake B without me C by the time D I got there, said Jacques. E No error.
Explanation: The correct form for the past perfect tense of the irregular verb to go
is had gone, not had went. Went is only used as the past tense,
without the auxiliary had. The prepositional phrase (B) is correct.
The two parts of the dependent clause (C and D) by the time I got there are correct.
5. In a ward where around 10 patients are _____ there are at least six bodies close to the beds of the patients.
Explanation: In a ward where around 10 patients are being treated there are at least six bodies close to the beds of the patients.
6. This is ______ car I bought yesterday
Explanation: This is the car I bought yesterday
7. I could not sleep ________ being very tired.
Explanation: Despite is the correct option.
Despite means regardless of, in spite of, etc. and is grammatically correct in this situation.
Although does have a similar meaning, but it is grammatically incorrect in this situation, since although being doesn’t make sense. For that to be correct, you'd have to say although I was very tired.
In order for however to work, this would have to be I could not sleep, however, I was very tired. And of the three, that makes the least sense.
So yeah. Despite is correct.
8. We were shocked at the news of his untimely demise.
Explanation: The news of his untimely demise shocked us.
9. Altercation (Meaning)
Explanation: animosity : a strong feeling of dislike or hatred
10. This is a huge traffic jam __________ of heavy rain
Explanation: This is a huge traffic jam because of heavy rain