Wipro Logical Reasoning Ability Questions And Answers
Wipro Logical Reasoning Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for Wipro Exam. These Logical Reasoning Ability MCQs are asked in previous Wipro placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Wipro drives.
1. In a certain language"PARAMPARA" is written as "RAPPMAARA".
How is "SUDHAKARA" coded in that language?
Explanation: In this question, the first three letters are reversed in the coded word, the next three letters are also reversed and the last three letters are also reversed.
Thus, in PAR-AMP-ARA, PAR become RAP, AMP become PMA and ARA becomes ARA.
2. Introducing a boy, Ralf said, "His mother is the only daughter of my mother-in-law". How is Ralf related to the boy?
Explanation: Mother-in-law only daughter means wife. Thus the statement could be read as His mother is my wife. Thus Ralf must be father of the boy.
3. Babita runs 8 km to the South. Then she turns to her right and walks 4 km. Then again, she turns to her right and runs 8 km forward. How far is she from the starting point?
Explanation: 8 km(towards south) + 4 km(towards right) - 8 km(towards north) = 4 km
4. Dubious : Indisputable
Explanation: The words dubious and indisputable are antonyms of each other.
Similarly, The words avaricious and generous are antonyms of each other.
5. LYING : PERJURY
Explanation: Perjury is an extended form of lying, just as a testimony is an extended form of a statement.
6. Look at this series: 40, 40, 26, 26 , 12 , ? .
What number should come next?
Explanation: Answer is 12. Each number is repeated or firstly 0 is added to each number and then 14 is subtracted from it.
7. What is the value of x in
(0.007/x) = 0.01
Explanation: 0.007/x = .01
x = 0.007/.01
=> 7/10 => 0.7
8. 4359 + 12.457 - __________ = 4200
Explanation: 4359 + 12.457 - x = 4200
x = (4359 + 12.457) – 4200
x = 4371.457 – 4200
x = 171.457
9. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence.
Explanation: The correct order is : 3, 1, 2, 5, 4
10. It is 8.00 p.m., when can Hemant get the next bus for Ramnagar from Dhanpur?
I. Buses for Ramnagar leave after every 30 minutes, till 10 p.m.
II. Fifteen minutes ago, one bus has left for Ramnagar.
Explanation: II reveals that the previous bus had left 7.45 p.m. As given in I, the next bus would leave after 30 minutes i.e. at 8.15 p.m.
11. Pointing to a woman, Mr. Ram said, she is the daughter of my grandfather's only daughter. How is Ram related to the woman?
Explanation: The easiest way to solve blood relation questions is to solve them from the end,
Ram’s grandfather's only daughter: Ram’s Mother or Aunt( Fathers sister)
Daughter of Ram’s mother: sister
Daughter of Ram’s aunty: cousin
Ram can be brother or cousin to that woman.
It is not mentioned whether he is a paternal or maternal grandfather. So we cannot go choose one therefore the answer is Cannot be determined,
12. The following questions are based on the five three letter words given below:
FAN HOP GET CUB MID
If the positions of the first and second letters of all the words are interchanged, how many words will form meaningful English words ?
Explanation: F Words will be AFN,OHP,EGT,UCB,IMD, none of these is a meaningful word. So, the correct answer is option A
13. If all the letters in each of the words are arranged alphabetically (within the word), how many words will remain unchanged?
Explanation: FAN - AFN
HOP - HOP
GET - EGT
CUB - BCU
MID - DIM
HOP remains same
14. Which one of the below-given options would be a meaning full order of the following words : 1. Grasshopper 2. Eagle 3. Frog 4. Grass 5. Snake
Explanation: This question is an example of the food chain : Grass -> Grasshopper -> Frog -> Snake -> Eagle
15. 4, 20, 120, 840, ?, 6720 . Identify the number on the place of ‘?’
Explanation: First term = 4, Second term = 4 X 5 = 20, Third term = 20 x 6 = 120, Fourth term = 120 x 7 = 840, Fifth term = 840 x 8 = 6720
16. If "ABHI" is coded as 23910 and BIG is coded as 3108 then answer the following question.How is "RAM" coded in the language.
Explanation: Add +1 to face value of each letter. RAM= 19214
17. Statement: The old laws changed giving place to the new.
Change is necessary.
We must discard old ideas.
Explanation: Only conclusion I follow directly. Conclusion II does not follow as it is not always right to discard the ideas.
18. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence.
Yarn and Thread
Explanation: The correct order is : 2, 3, 4, 1
I. All greens are blues
II. Some blues are reds
I. Some blues are greens
II. All greens are reds
Explanation: Only 1 Follows
20. Look carefully for the pattern, and then choose which pair of numbers comes next : 3 5 35 10 12 35 17
Explanation: This is an alternating addition series, with a random number, 35, interpolated as every third number. The pattern of addition is to add 2, add 5, add 2, and so on. The number 35 comes after each "add 2" step/