Capgemini Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
Capgemini Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for Capgemini Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Capgemini placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Capgemini drives.
1. There________ four excellent restaurants in the center of town.
Explanation: As there is plural form so are should be there to complete the sentence in plural form.
2. They have set out ________a journey to a hill station.
Explanation: ‘set out’ means to begin. So correct preposition would be set out on as journey begin.
3. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any will be in one part of the sentence.
Explanation: whenever we aim to compare a subject with others, we always use the comparative degree of adjective instead of superlative. here, oldest should be replaced by 'older than'.
4. What is the antonym of Totalitarian?
Explanation: Totalitarian: relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.
Democratic : relating to or supporting democracy or its principles.
Democratic is antonym of Totalitarian
5. choose the one which best expresses the given sentence in Indirect/Direct speech : My cousin said, "My room-mate had snored throughout the night."
Explanation: The indirect speech of given sentence is - My cousin said that her room-mate snored throughout the night, as the sentence is in past tense.
6. _______ Oranges are grown in Nagpur
Explanation: Here in this statement it is about all Oranges, not any specific Orange. Hence, No article is the correct answer.
7. Select the correct alternative : Neha was fined for careless driving.
Explanation: As word fined is well suitable here with respect to the time frame of the given sentence as the sentence is in the past tense therefore the verb also will be in the past tense. Therefore this sentence does not need any improvement.
(P) containing memorable letters of Churchill
(Q) a book
(R) has been published
(S) by a reputed publisher
Explanation: Recently a book containing memorable letters of Churchill has been published by a reputed publisher.
9. Choose the option which best expresses the below-given sentence in Active/Passive voice : Rajesh said, “The teacher was teaching”.
Explanation: “The teacher was teaching” is in past continuous tense. To convert it to passive voice, past participle form has to be used, so “the teacher had been teaching” will be used in passive voice. The object of the active verb becomes the subject of the passive verb.