Capgemini Logical Reasoning Questions And Answers
Capgemini Logical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for Capgemini Exam. These Logical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous Capgemini placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Capgemini drives.
1. Look at this arrangement: 36, 34, 30, 28, 24, ... What number should come straightaway?
Explanation: The first difference is of 2
And the second difference is of 4
And the sequence continues so 24-2=2
2. X is the only child of Y. A and B are the children of X. D is the grandmother of B. How is Y related to D?
Explanation: X is the only child of Y. A and B are the children of X. D is the grandmother of B. Y is the grandfather of B. Hence Y is D's husband.
3. Statements : All animals are predators. All predators are tigers.
I. All tigers are definitely predators.
II. All animals are tigers
Explanation: if only conclusion II follows
4. Reds are blues, blues are whites, whites are yellows, yellows are oranges, oranges are pinks, then what is the color of the sky?
Explanation: Sky is blue, but blues are whites
5. Artist is to painting as senator is to
Explanation: An artist makes paintings; a senator makes laws. The answer is not choice a because an attorney does not make laws and a senator is not an attorney. Choice c is incorrect because a senator is not a politician. Constituents (choice d) is also incorrect because a senator serves his or her constituents.
6. Marathon is to race as hibernation is to
Explanation: As Marathon is a long race, hibernation is long sleep.
7. A man goes to a mall and recognizes a boy. The boy is his father's only son's sister's son. The boy is man's .......
Explanation: The man's father's only son is himself. His sister's son would be his nephew.
8. Statements: Some forms are cards. Some forms are papers
Conclusions: I. Atleast some cards are forms. II. Atleast some cards are papers.
Explanation: I. This means atleast one card is form, which is definitely true for all the possible cases. So, conclusion I follows.
II. This means that atleast one card is paper,which is not a necessarily true answer.So, conclusion II does not follow.
Therefore, only conclusion 1 follows.So, the answer is option A.
9. In a certain code, COMPUTER is written as RFUVQNPC. How is MEDICINE written in the same code?
Explanation: The letters of the word are written in reverse order and expect the first and the last letter all other letters are move one step forward.
10. A + B means A is the son of B; A – B means A is the wife of B; A*B means A is the brother of B; A/B means A is the mother of B and A = B means A is the sister of B. What does P + R –Q mean?
Explanation: Clearly, P + R – Q means P is the son of R who is the wife of Q i.e. Q is the father of P.