Capgemini Quantitative Aptitude Questions And Answers
Capgemini Quantitative Aptitude MCQs : This section focuses on "Quantitative Aptitude" for Capgemini Exam. These Quantitative Aptitude MCQs are asked in previous Capgemini placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Capgemini drives.
1. A 30% Loss on Cost Price is what percentage loss on Selling Price?
Explanation: Let CP=100, SP=70
2. The cost price of 10 dairy milk shots is equal to the selling price of 9 dairy milk shots. Find the profit percent?
Explanation: Let Cost Price be x and selling price be y
Then given that the cost price of 10 dairy milk shots is equal to the selling price of 9 dairy milk shots
That means 10x=9y
Profit percent = (( selling price – cost price )/cost price ) * 100
= 100/9 %
3. A, B and C hire a taxi for Rs. 2400 for one day. A, B and C used the car for 6 hours, 8 hours and 10 hours respectively. How much did C pay?
Explanation: Let total fair be = 2400
Therefore c share =10/24 × 2400 = 1000
4. The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
Explanation: Average = total runs / no.of innings = 32
So, total = Average x no.of innings = 32 x 10 = 320.
Now increase in avg = 4runs. So, new avg = 32+4 = 36runs
Total runs = new avg x new no. of innings = 36 x 11 = 396
Runs made in the 11th inning = 396 - 320 = 76
5. In an exam, Amar scored 64 percent, Bhavan scored 36 percent and Chetan 44 percent. The maximum score awarded in the exam is 800. Find the average mark scored by all the three boys?
Explanation: Average mark scored by all the three boys =
[64/100 (800) + 36/100 (800) + 44/100 (800)] / 3 = 384
6. The length of a rectangular floor is more than its breadth by 200%. If Rs. 324 is required to paint the floor at the rate of Rs. 3 per sq m, then what would be the length of the floor?
Explanation: Let the length and the breadth of the floor be l m and b m respectively.
l = b + 200% of b = l + 2b = 3b
Area of the floor = 324/3 = 108 sq m
l b = 108 i.e., l * l/3 = 108
l2 = 324 => l = 18.
7. A train 125 meter long is running at 50 km/hr. In what time will it pass a man running at 5 km/hr in a similar bearing in which the train is going?
Explanation: Distance=125 meter speed=50-5=45km/hr=>45*5/18=12.5 m/s
8. The G.C.D of 1.08, 0.36 and 0.9 is
Explanation: Given numbers are 1.08 , 0.36 and 0.90
H.C.F of 108, 36 and 90 is 18 [ ∵ G.C.D is nothing but H.C.F]
Therefore, H.C.F of given numbers = 0.18
9. What percent is 2 minutes 24 seconds of an hour?
Explanation: %=144/60×60 = 4%
10. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is:
Explanation: S.I. for 1 year = Rs. (854 - 815) = Rs. 39.
S.I. for 3 years = Rs.(39 x 3) = Rs. 117.
Principal = Rs. (815 - 117) = Rs. 698.