Publicis Sapient Verbal Ability Questions
Publicis Sapient Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for Publicis Sapient Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Publicis Sapient placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Publicis Sapient drives.
1. Fill in the blank : Each school has its own set of rules ________ all good pupils should follow them.
Explanation: The school has a set of rules ‘and’, it should be followed by all.
2. Which of the phrases (a), (b), (c) and (d) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in italics in the sentence to make it grammatically correct : He was bitten by a snake, walking in the garden.
Explanation: The correct answer will be option c , as in it it shows while he was walking.
3. Select the word or phrase which best expresses the meaning of the given word: BLASPHEMOUS
Explanation: BLASPHEMOUS is a synonym of Impious
4. Select the word which is OPPOSITE in the meaning of the given word: Impediments
Explanation: Promoters posses the opposite meaning of Impediments.
5. Select the option that is most nearly OPPOSITE in meaning to the given word : He was AMENABLE to the whole situation knowing when it was his mistake.
Explanation: AMENABLE means obligated for a situations. All the words have almost the same meaning except Uncooperative
6. The conversation with her (A) mother had a more profound (B) affect on her (C) than (D) she expected. E No error.
Explanation: The correct noun for this meaning is spelled “effect.”
“Affect” when it is a noun means mood or emotional state,
e.g. “The patient presented with a depressed affect.”
When it is a verb, the meaning of “affect” is related to the meaning
of the noun “effect;” e.g. “The experience had a harmful effect on her,
but it did not affect her brother the same way.” “…her mother” (A) is
correctly not capitalized as it is a noun, not a name/proper noun
(e.g. “Hello, Mother.”) The other underlined parts are correct.
7. They are social insects, living in communities, regulated by definite laws, each member of society bearing well-defined and separate part in the work of a colony.
Explanation: As word living in communities is well suitable here with respect to the time frame of the given sentence. Therefore this sentence does not need any improvement.
8. I heard his mother saying that he _____ in the chess competition for the last 5 years.
Explanation: I heard his mother saying that he has been winning in the chess competition for the last 5 years.
9. Chris Noel is one of the biggest star in Hollywood these days. But, his recent success at the box office _____ him self-obsessed.
Explanation: Chris Noel is one of the biggest star in Hollywood these days. But, his recent success at the box office has made him self-obsessed.
10. Select the correct option that fills the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete: Every weekend, we put the trash can ________________ for garbage collection.
Explanation: Every weekend, we put the trash can out for garbage collection.