NTT Data Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
NTT Data Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for NTT Data Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous NTT Data placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming NTT Data drives.
1. Choose the option which is synonymous with the word: Lucidity
Explanation: Meaning of lucidity is: clarity of expression, ambiguity means not clear, obscure means not known, humility means to be modest. Hence the answer option A i.e. clarity is the correct choice.
2. Choose the correct preposition from the option to fill in the blank : The national football team scored four goals ______ the second half of the match.
Explanation: In is used to show the period of time.
3. Change the speech of the following sentence : The mother said, “Well done, Son. I am very proud of you.”
Explanation: The given sentence is in direct speech, said will be replaced by appreciated in reported speech to show proud feeling.
4. Identify the erroneous part of the sentence given below. : “They (A) had went to the temple (B) without me (C) by the time (D) I got there,” said Pankaj.
Explanation: The correct sentence is “They had gone to the temple without me by the time I got there.”
5. All of us usually spend our holidays in _______ Kashmir.
Explanation: Here we use “the” article before Kashmir because Kashmir is a Proper noun hence we do not use any article before a proper noun.
6. I like to live in this ______ Village.
Explanation: The given sentence is correct, no article is required. Generally we do not use article before any location or place.
7. Choose the correct preposition to complete the sentence correctly : Take this treatment and you will cure _____ the back pain.
Explanation: The complete sentence will be - Take this medicine and you will cure of the back pain.
Here of is used as a preposition as follows to the first part of the sentence and to connect/relate with the reason for taking medicine.
8. Virat is angry with Anushka ____ her carelessness.
Explanation: The complete and correct sentence will be - Virat is angry with Anushka for her carelessness. Here for is used as a preposition to connect the reason why Virat is angry with Anushka.
9. Find the error in bold part of the sentence and correct it by choosing the correct option : Aman has studied Japanese since two years.
Explanation: Use of “since” is incorrect here as ‘since is used to denote a point of time in the past and ‘for’ is used for a period of time. Here the period of two years is mentioned. Hence, ‘for’ is appropriate.
10. Find the error in bold part of the sentence and correct it by choosing the correct option : Shivani could not help to laugh at your lame jokes.
Explanation: The correct sentence is - Shivani could not help laughing at your lame jokes. Here the use of “to” after help is incorrect. The infinitive verb (to) is contradicting the conditional tense of the sentence. Instead of ‘help to laugh’ it should be ‘help laughing’. Here, two verbs are placed one after the other meaning, the first verb ‘help’ is a specific verb (specifying an action) and the second verb should be a gerund(verb-ing). So it takes ‘help laughing’ meaning that shivani could not stop laughing at your lame jokes.