NTT Data Quantitative Aptitude Questions And Answers
NTT Data Quantitative Aptitude MCQs : This section focuses on "Quantitative Aptitude" for NTT Data Exam. These Quantitative Aptitude MCQs are asked in previous NTT Data placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming NTT Data drives.
1. The ratio of two numbers is 5: 6 and their HCF is 34. Find their LCM.
Explanation: Let the two numbers be 5X and 6X. Since, their HCF = 34. Therefore, X = 34
We know that, Product of two numbers = HCF X LCM
Therefore, 5 * 34 * 6 * 34 = 34 * LCM LCM = 1020
2. What is the sum of numerator and denominator when 0.448 is written in simplest fractional form?
Explanation: 0.448 can be written as 448/1000
A Simplest fractional form is the form in which common factor cannot be taken out further. Therefore, simplest fractional form will be 56/125
3. When a merchant sold an article for Rs 1105, he incurred a loss of 15 percent. For how much price the article should be sold to get a profit of 25 percent?
Explanation: Let the cost price of an article is X. So, X – 0.15X = 1105 (Since merchant sold the article at a loss of 15 percent)
Therefore, Cost price X = 1300. Now, to earn a profit of 25 percent Selling price = X + .25X = 1625
4. If the HCF of two numbers is 4 and their LCM is 48 . One of the numbers is 16. Then find another number.
Explanation: Another Number = (4*48)/16 = 12
5. Which among the following is exactly divisible by 6?
Explanation: A number which is divisible by 2 and 3 both is also divisible by 6
235686 unit digit is 6 so it is divisible by 2
2+3+5+6+8+6 = 30 which is divisible by 3.
6. Calculate the sum of the denominator and numerator, if the number 0.34 is written in the simplest form.
Explanation: Simplest form of 0.34 = 34/100 = 17/50
So, sum of the denominator and numerator = 17 + 50 = 67
7. A pump can fill a tank with water in 3 hours. Because of a leak, it took 7/2 hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the tank in:
Explanation: Work done by the leak in 1 hour = 1/3 - 2/7 => 1/21
Leak will empty the tank in 21 hours
8. The average weight of 10 boxes is 23.75 kg. The average weight of the rest of the 7 boxes is 34.25 kg. What is the average weight of all the boxes?
Explanation: Total weight = (10 x 23.75) + (7 x 34.25) = (237.5 + 239.75) = 477.25
Total no of boxes = 10 + 7 = 17
Average = 477.25/17 = 28.07
9. P can do a work in 15 days and Q can do the same job in 9 days. With the help of R, they did the job in 3 days only. Then, R alone can do the job in:
Explanation: (P + Q + R)'s 1 day's work = 1/3
P's 1 day's work = 1/15
Q's 1 day's work = 1/ 9
R's 1 day's work = 1/3 - ( 1/15 + 1/9 )
So, R alone can do the work in 45/7
10. A train moving at speed of 72 km/hr crosses a pole in 5 seconds. Find the length of the train.
Explanation: The length of the train is equal to the distance covered by the train to cross the pole. So, we will find the distance traveled by train in 5 seconds by applying the following formula:
Distance= Speed x Time
Speed is given in Km/hr so we will convert it into m/s as answers are given in meters.
Speed= 72*5/18 = 20 m/s
Time = 5 seconds
Distance = 20* 5= 100 meters