NTT Data Logical Reasoning Questions And Answers
NTT Data Logical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for NTT Data Exam. These Logical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous NTT Data placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming NTT Data drives.
1. If COOLER is written as DNPKFQ, then what is written as GQJEHD?
Explanation: For COOLER, C + 1 = D, O - 1 = N, O + 1 = P and so on.
Trick here is +1, -1, +1, -1
Therefore, FRIDGE is written as GQJCHD
2. A woman meets a person in the movie theatre who is the mother of the daughter of his husband’s brother. How is the woman related to that person?
Explanation: Woman → Husband’s brother (brother–in–law) → daughter of Husband’s brother (niece-in-law) → mother of the daughter of husband’s brother (sister in law). Woman is Sister-in-law of that person
3. Arun start walking from his home and travels 6 Kms straight and after that he takes a right turn and travels 8 Kms. After that Then he takes another right turn and travels 3 Kms. Finally, he takes another right turn and travels 4 Km. Find how far he is from his home.
Explanation: In the below figure we can see that ABC is forming a right angle triangle, right angled at Point B.
AB = 3 Kms, BC = 4 Kms
Therefore, distance between Home and point C = sqrt root (3^2 + 4^2) = 5 Kms
4. Find out the two signs to be interchanged for making following equation correct : 6 + 3 x 8 - 24 / 4 = 4
Explanation: On interchanging - and /, we get the equation as
6 + 3 x 8 / 24 - 4 = 4
or 6 + 3 x (2/3) - 4 = 4
or 4 = 4, which is true.
5. Select the correct set of symbols which will fit in the given equation?
8__8__8__8 = 64
Explanation: The given numbers are - 8 0 4 4 to obtain 8
So, clearly 8 - 8 + 8 * 8 = 8 -8 + 64
= 72 - 8
6. Arrange the given words in a logical and meaningful order : 1. Frog 2. Eagle 3. butterfly 4. reptile 5. Grass
Explanation: From the given words, it is deduced that grass is eaten by butterfly, butterfly is eaten by frog, frog is eaten by reptile and finally, eagle eats reptile.
So, the correct logical arrangement of words is 5, 3, 1, 4, 2.
7. Arrange the given words in a logical and meaningful order : 1. continent 2. tehsil 3. countries 4. cities 5. states
Explanation: From the given words, it is deduced that a continent contains countries, a country has states, states give cities that consist of an tehsil.
So, the correct logical arrangement of words is 1, 3, 5, 4, 2.
8. Pointing to a Man, Manish said, "He is the only son of my mother." How is Manish related to that boy?
Explanation: The man in the photograph is the only son of Manish's mother i.e. Manish himself.
9. If $ is the brother of &; $ is the sister of #; and # is the father of %, how is % related to $ ?
Explanation: If % is Male, the answer is Nephew.
If % is Female, the answer is Niece.
As the sex of % is not known, hence, the relation between % and $ cannot be determined.
Note: Niece - $ daughter of one's brother or sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law. Nephew - $ son of one's brother or sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law.
10. Find the number to replace question mark : 5040, 840, ?, 42, 14, 7
Explanation: The pattern of given series is ÷ 6, ÷ 5, ÷ 4, ÷ 3, ÷ 2
So, 840 ÷ 5 = 168