Mphasis Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
Mphasis Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for Mphasis placement drives. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Mphasis placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Mphasis drives.
1. Select the word or phrase which best expresses the meaning of the given word: WRETCHED
Explanation: word or phrase best expresses the meaning of the given word is Poor
2. Select the correct option that fills the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete. The ruling party will have to put its own house ______ order.
Explanation: The ruling party will have to put its own house in order.
3. choose the word which can be substituted for the given sentence/words: One who is unable to pay ones debt
Explanation: One word for this is : Insolvent
4. Fill in the blanks : Beauty is to ugliness as adversity is to ________
Explanation: Beauty is the opposite of ugly; similarly adversity is the opposite of prosperity
5. A word has been written in four different ways out of which only one is correctly spelt. Choose the correctly spelt word.
Explanation: The correct spellings are – Collaboration.
6. Choose the correct word that is to be fitted in both the statements I & II to make it meaningful.
I. It seemed really to the little maiden as though she were sitting before a large iron stove, with ______ brass feet and a brass ornament at top.
II. Some long shots _________ their chances, some favorites lost ground.
Explanation: Burnished –make shiny by rubbing; polish
7. Choose the exact Word Analogy by analyzing a given pair.
Explanation: Scene: Drama
8. Choose the exact Antonym of the given word: Myopic
Explanation: Myopic : short-sighted.
Farsighted : showing a prudent awareness of future possibilities.
9. Suganya is typing.
Explanation: present continous
10. This worker is the most skilled of all the other workers in our factory.
Explanation: Correct sentence: This worker is the most skilled worker in our factory.