Mphasis Logical Reasoning Questions And Answers
Mphasis Logical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for Mphasis placement drives. These Logical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous Mphasis placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Mphasis drives.
1. The question shows a pair of words which are related to each other in some way. Select that pair that expresses the relationship that is most similar to the given pair.
Vehicle : Cart :: ?
Explanation: Vehicle : Cart :: Ocean : Sea
2. Rahul put his timepiece on the table in such a way that at 6 P.M. hour hand points to North. In which direction the minute hand will point at 9.15 P.M.?
Explanation: At 9.15 P.M., the minute hand will point towards west
3. when XEROX is coded as YFSPY then PAPER will be coded as?
in the same way, PAPER will be coded as QBQFS.
4. A girl introduced a boy as the son of the daughter of the father of her uncle. How is the boy related to the girl?
Explanation: uncle father--→grandfather, grandfather daughter--→ mother, mother son---->brother
5. Arrange the words in sequence:
1. never 2. sometimes 3. generally 4. seldom 5. always
Explanation: The sequence of words is in the order of usage of the given words with respect to time that is from the always to never.
6. Afghanistan : Kabul :: Albania : ?
Explanation: Simple Country: Capital
7. Statement: Wind is an inexhaustible source of energy.
I. Wind is one of the many sources of energy.
II. Wind is a source of energy which can be used forever.
Explanation: An assumption I, is not implicit because the wind might be the only source of energy. Assumption II can be easily derived from the statement. “Inexhaustible” means incapable of being used entirely.
8. Given set: (6, 15, 28)
Explanation: The relation given in the question is +9, and then +13, which is given in the 4th option, which will be your answer
9. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence.
1. Cut 2. Put on 3. Mark 4. Measure 5. Tailor
Explanation: Correct Order : 4, 3, 1, 5, 2
10. Look at this series: 36, 34, 30, 28, 24, ... What number should come next?
Explanation: This is an alternating number subtraction series. First, 2 is subtracted, then 4, then 2, and so on.