Mphasis Technical Ability Questions And Answers
Mphasis Technical Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Technical Ability" for Mphasis placement drives. These Technical Ability MCQs are asked in previous Mphasis placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Mphasis drives.
1. A tree has 5 levels and each node has either 4 children or no children. All nodes on the same level have the same number of children. How many nodes are there in the tree? (Root is Level 1)
Explanation: From the question, we are sure that the root node has three children. Till now the total number of nodes is 4 (root + three children). Only if all the children of the root node have 3 children, the total number of nodes will be 13. Hence each child of the root node will have three children and totally there will be nine children.
2. Sorting is not possible by using which of the following methods?
Explanation: Insertion is done in Insertion sort. Selection is done is Selection sort. Exchange (swap) is done in Bubble sort. Deletion is not done in any of the sorting methods..
3. Which of the following data structures is needed to convert infix notations to postfix notations?
Explanation: To convert an infix expression to a postfix expression we use a stack data structure. Click here to know how to convert infix to postfix expression.
4. What collects all the source code for an application and prepares them to be ready for execution?
Explanation: In computing, a linker or link editor is a computer program that takes one or more object files generated by a compiler and combines them into a single executable file, library file, or another object file.
5. As a project, Parag wants to write a code which should increment its value until a condition is satisfied. Which type of structure should he be using?
Explanation: Do while is exactly what the questions says for loop does the same thing but not in the exact scenario as the question
6. The default parameter passing mechanism is
Explanation: Parameter passing is the mechanism used to pass parameters to a procedure (subroutine) or function.In C-Language the Default Parameter Passing Mechanism is called Call By Value where we pass the value of the actual parameter.
7. In a Doubly Linked list how many nodes have atleast 1 node before and after it?
Explanation: The first and the last node in the doubly linked list will point to Null
8. Which of the following Sorting Algorithm will perform the worst if the numbers are ordered in the opposite form?
Explanation: Quick sort performs the worst if arranged in alphabetic/ ascending order
9. In c++ how are protected members of a base class accessed in derived class when inherited privately
Explanation: in protected inheritance, the public and protected members become protected members in the derived class. In the private inheritance, everything is private. However, the derived class can never access the private members of the base class, The derived class can access the public and protected members in both cases.
10. Which of the following concepts of OOPS means exposing only necessary information to client?
Explanation: Data binding