MindTree Logical Reasoning Questions And Answers
MindTree Logical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for MindTree placement drives. These Logical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous MindTree placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming MindTree drives.
1. The given message decode to 'Royal' - 18, 15, 25, 1, 12
What does the message 28, 25, 18, 1, 14, 20 decodes for?
Explanation: Given, ROYAL is 18, 15, 25, 1, 12
Here, the message is coded by taking the place value of each letter.
So, for 28, 25, 18, 1, 14, 20, the message will be BYRANT. (Here B = 28)
2. Which of the given options is the most suitable for completing the following series?
2, 8, 14, __, 34, 48, 62, 80, 98
Explanation: Let us consider the consecutive numbers in the given series.
8 - 2 = 6
14 - 8 = 6
48 - 34 = 14
62 - 48 = 14
80 - 62 = 18
98 - 80 = 18
We can clearly see that the difference is increasing by 4 after every two differences. So, from 14 to the next number, the difference should be 10.
Hence, the missing number = 14 + 10 = 24
3. If in a certain code CLEVER is written as SDWDMB then in the same code how DECODE is written?
Explanation: Write the word in reverse order and then follow +1, -1, +1, -1 and so on
4. Sumit is 8th rank ahead of Ravi in a class of 45. If Ravi rank from the bottom is 19th then find the rank of Sumanth from the beginning?
Explanation: A number of students between SumanRavind Ravi are 7.
The number of students after Ravi is 18th.
So rank of Sumanth from beginning = 45 – 7 – 18 – 1 (Ravi) = 19th
5. Pointing to a woman, a man said, "she is the daughter of my wife's daughter". How is the man related to this woman?
Explanation: Man -> Wife -> Daughter -> Daughter
6. Arun is facing towards the North and turns through 45° clockwise, again 180° clockwise and then turns through 270° anti-clockwise. In which direction is he facing now?
Explanation: In starting Arun is facing towards the north. After turning 45 degrees clockwise, he is facing North – East. Now, turning 180 degrees clockwise, he is facing South –West. Again turning by 270 degrees anti-clockwise, he is facing North – West
7. Statements:All fish are trees. No frog is tree.
Conclusions:I. No frog is fish.
II.Some trees are fish.
Explanation: both conclusions follow.
8. S A K , Q B L , O D M , ?
Explanation: Here the first letter of each term is moved two step backward to get the first letter of next term. So for missing term, it will be M The second letter of 1st, 2nd and 3rd terms are respectively moved one, two and three steps forward to obtain the corresponding letter of next term. So, for missing term it is G. The third letter of each term is moved one step forward to get next term. Thus, third letter of missing term is N. Hence, the answer becomes MGN.
9. Complete the given seriesG5HI, ___ ,GHI7, G8HI, GH9I
Explanation: In the given series the subscript value is increased by 1 and the subscript is passed to the next letter in each successive term. Thus the missing term should be GH6I
10. Cock: Hen:: Buck :
Explanation: Cock is the male chicken and the female chicken is known as Hen. Similarly Buck is the male deer and the female deer is known as Doe