LTI Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
LTI Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for LTI Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous LTI placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming LTI drives.
1. One word Substitution : One who is unable to pay one's debt.
Explanation: One word for this is – Insolvent.
2. Beauty is to ugliness as adversity is to ________.
Explanation: Beauty is the opposite of ugly; similarly adversity is the opposite of prosperity.
3. Give the synonym for the word ‘infallible’
Explanation: ‘Infallible’ means incapable of making mistakes or being wrong. ‘Irritable’ means having the tendency to be easily annoyed. ‘Fashionable’ means representing popular style. ‘Successful’ means accomplishing a desired aim or result. ‘Clumsy’ means awkward in movement or handling things. ‘Reliable’ means consistently good in quality or performance. From this, we can see that ‘reliable’ is the only word that has the same meaning as the given word.
4. Give the synonym for the word VACILLATE
Explanation: ‘Vacillate’ means to be undecided about something; waver between conflicting positions or courses of action. Ex: He vacillates between accepting the new position and retirement
5. 02Write the Antonym of given word CRUDE
Explanation: ‘Crude’ means something that is present in its raw natural state. ‘Sophisticated’ means refined or having been developed with a lot of complexity. ‘Asymmetric’ means a lack of balance in the arrangement of parts. ‘Boorish’ means rough and bad-mannered. Clearly, ‘sophisticated’ is the opposite of ‘crude’
6. Select the option that is most nearly OPPOSITE in meaning to the given word. The whole town was in Amity after the disaster stuck.
Explanation: Malevolence has different meaning from others
7. Which of phrases given in the sentence below should replace the phrase printed in bold type to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark '5' as the answer. They are not beware of all the facts.
Explanation: ‘Beware’ means to be cautious and alert and is therefore misfit in the context of the sentence. The correct sentence is ‘They are not aware of all the facts.’ This means that they did not have knowledge of all the facts.
8. Although______________________, the name ‘roller coaster’ stuck.
Explanation: The latter part of the sentence implies that though the previous name ‘roller coaster’ is not quite literal now, it has still persisted. The missing part should, thus, highlight the reason why the literal meaning of roller coaster does not apply now. Hence, option 5 is the correct answer.
9. Despite his best efforts to conceal his anger ......
Explanation: Despite his best efforts to conceal his anger people came to know that he was annoyed.
10. Sentence Improvement & Correction : John is AS FAST AS or perhaps faster than Sarah.
Explanation: Correct sentence: John is as fast or perhaps faster than Sarah.