LTI Quantitative Aptitude Questions And Answers
LTI Quantitative Aptitude MCQs : This section focuses on "Quantitative Aptitude" for LTI Exam. These Quantitative Aptitude MCQs are asked in previous LTI placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming LTI drives.
1. The ratio of two numbers is 7:4 and their H.C.F is 4. Their L.C.M is:
Explanation: Let the numbers be 7x and 4x. Then, their H.C.F= x. So, x=4
So, the numbers are 28 and 16.
L.C.M of 28 and 16 is 112
2. What is the smallest 4-digit number that is divisible by 12, 13 and 15?
Explanation: LCM of 12, 13 and 15 = 780
Numbers divisible by 12, 13 and 15 will be of the form 780k
When k=1, n=78
When k=2, n=1560
When k=3, n=2340
When k=4, n=3120 and so on
So, the smallest 4-digit number is 1560
3. If log5=0.69897, find the number of digits in 526
Explanation: log(526 )= 26 log5= 26x0.69897= 18.17322
Its characteristic is 18. Hence the number of digits in 526 is 19.
4. Type A, 12 kg of rice worth Rs. 40/kg is mixed with Type B, rice worth Rs. 24/kg. What should be the quantity of Type B rice, if the mixture is sold at Rs. 45/kg with 25% profit added in it?
Explanation: C.P. of the mixture = 45/1.25 = Rs. 36/kg.
So, (40-36)/(36-24) = (N)/(12) ⇒ N = 4 Kg
5. A person spends 1/7th of his salary on travel,1/3rd of the remaining on food, he then spends 1/4th of the remaining on rent. Finally he puts 1/6th of the remaining as a monthly savings, after which he has 25000 left. What is his salary (in Rs.)?
Explanation: Let M be the total salary
Therefore, as per question, M × (6/7) × (2/3) × (3/4) × (5/6) = Rs 25000
M = Rs 70000
6. How many terms of the sequence -12, -8, -4,…so on, to make a sum of 120?
Explanation: The series is in A.P. where a = -12 and d = 4.
So 120 = (n/2)[2 × (-12) + (n -1) × 4].
On solving this, we get n = 12
7. A certain company employed 400 men and 600 women and the average wage was Rs. 22.60 per day. If a woman got Rs. 4 less than a man, then what is their daily wages?
Explanation: Let the wage of men be "y" and women be"x".
Then (600x+400y)/1000 = 22.60
600x+400y = 22600
600(y-4) +400y = 22600 ; x=y-4
y=25 & x=21.
8. A certain number of men can finish a piece of work in 90 days. If however there were 10 men less it will take 10 days more for the work to be finished. How many men were there originally?
Explanation: let , the number of men is x
now coming to the question,90x=1work
9. A discount series of 10%, 20% and 40% is equivalent to a single discount of:
Explanation: Let original price=Rs. 100.
Final price=90% of (80% of 60% of 100)
Therefore, Single discount=(100-43.20)%=56.8%
10. While selling a watch, a shopkeeper gives a discount of 5%. If he gives a discount of 7%, he earns Rs. 15 less as profit. The marked price of the watch is:
Explanation: If he increases the discount by 2%, then his profit is 15 less. Let the marked price be X.
.02x = 15
x = 750 marked price
To check your work:
If the discount was 5%, he would sell it for 712.50
If the discount was 7%, he would sell it for 697.50