IBM Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
IBM Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for IBM Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous IBM placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming IBM drives.
1. Choose the word from the options that can best express the meaning of the given word : Short
Explanation: The word Short can best express Brief.
2. Choose the correct alternative one word substitution: Excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance.
Explanation: Narcissism is excessive interest in oneself or viewing everything with one at the centre. Eloquence means being expressive or talkative. Altruism is unselfishly generous. Precipitous is rash and unthinking.
3. The parcels I just brought into the house __________ on the table.
Explanation: Are lying should be there as parcels are plural.
4. Choose the correct form of the given sentence: What kind of the places do you like to visit?
Explanation: The articles a/an or the are not used with words such as (kind of, sort of, type of, etc)
5. Choose the option which is synonymous with the meaning of the word: Amicable
Explanation: Hostile is showing or feeling opposition or dislike; unfriendly. Cynical means believing that people are motivated purely by self-interest. Friendly is kind and pleasant or genial or amenable. Hasty is acting without careful thought. It is being rash or precipitous. So looking at the meanings of different words “Friendly” is the correct answer.
6. LFC portal ________ created to provide well written, well thought and well-explained solutions for selected questions.
Explanation: LFC portal have been created to provide well written, well thought and well-explained solutions for selected questions
7. He loves to solve programming problems _____ most efficient ways.
Explanation: He loves to solve programming problems in most efficient ways
8. _________ from the girl having red hair.
Explanation: Stood up from the girl having red hair
9. Choose the option which best expresses the below-given sentence in Active/Passive voice : She was washing a shirt.
Explanation: Past Continuous in Active voice changes to was being or were being in Passive voice.
10. Re-arrange the parts of the sentence so as to make a meaningful sentence.
A) The prime minister
B) with the guards
D) has arrived
Explanation: ADCB make a meaningful sentence.