IBM Analytical Reasoning Questions & Answers
IBM Analytical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Analytical Reasoning" for IBM Exam. These Analytical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous IBM placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming IBM drives.
1. Complete the series : 250, 235, 205, 160, ?, 25
Explanation: The series is: -15, -30, - 45, -60
So the answer is: 100
2. A I L , C L P , E O T, ?
Explanation: Clearly, the first, the second and the third letters of each term are moved two, three and four steps forward respectively to obtain the corresponding term. So, the next term will be G R X.
3. What will be the next term in the following series : A B B D C F D H E J
Explanation: There are two alternate series in the following arrangement
A B B D C F D H E J
Thus the next term will be F.
4. What day is 14th of a month?
Statement I – 3rd Saturday of the month is seventeenth
Statement II – 2nd last day of the month is Tuesday
Explanation: data in Statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement II alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
5. 9848 x 125 = ?
6. Consider the following phrase:
Statement: All C are J.
All J are B.
No B is R.
I. All B are C.
II. Some J are C
Explanation: only conclusion II is true.
7. Is x + y = 0?
Statement I – x.y < 0
Statement II – x^2 = y^2
Explanation: if the data in both Statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
8. Look at this series: A4, __, C16, D32, E64, ... What number should fill the blank?
Explanation: The letters Increase by 1; the numbers are multiplied by 2.
9. Find wrong number in series: 2, 3, 6, 0, 8, -3, 14, -6
Explanation: Two alternate series:
2 + 4 = 6,
3 – 3 = 0
6 + 4 = 10,
0 – 3 = -3
10 + 4 = 14
-3 – 3 = -6
10. Look at this series II, VI, X, XIV, XVIII, XXII, ....... What number should fill the blank?
Explanation: This is a simple addition series; each number is 4 more than the previous number.