Goldman Sachs Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
Goldman Sachs Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for Goldman Sachs Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Goldman Sachs placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Goldman Sachs drives.
1. In each of the following question, out of the given group of wordings, choose one inappropriately spelled.
Explanation: Occasion is the right spelling
2. Choose the word from the options which is most Similar in meaning to the given word : EXASPERATION
Explanation: The meaning of this word is frustrated annoyance or irritation. Amplification means to make larger, greater or stronger. Exaltation means elation of mind or feeling.
3. Ask ______ woman in front of you to take off ______ hat.
Explanation: The woman, the hat. (both are specified in the sentence)
4. In the sentence, replace the phrase printed in bold type to make it grammatically correct?
Where politics fails, economics MAY SOME TIME SUCCEED.
Explanation: The correct sentence will be - Where politics fails, economics sometimes succeeds. As sometimes should be always together and succeeds is for economics is plural form.
5. Select the most appropriate option to full in the blank and complete the sentence : Eight scientists have _______ the national awards for outstanding contribution and dedication to the profession.
Explanation: Bagged means to win.
6. He was ______ very tall man with ______ dark hair and ______ small beard
Explanation: A very tall man ( indicating quantity which is very) no article used before dark hair because it is an adjective. a small beard ( indicating quantity which is less)
7. In the sentence, replace the phrase printed in bold type to make it grammatically correct?
Only three fourths of the work are complete.
Explanation: The correct sentence will be as - Only three fourth of the work is complete, as here work is singular so is should be there.
8. The bowler is one of the best in his State. He clearly is ________ to his team.
Explanation: The correct sentence is “The bowler is one of the best in his State. He clearly is an asset to his team.” We use asset because here the first sentence says that he is the best in his state, hence he is an asset. (important / of value)
9. Choose the word from the options which is most Similar in meaning to the given word : SALUBRIOU
Explanation: Salubrious means favourable to health or wellbeing. Miasmic means toxic or contaminated.
10. Actually, _____ closest subway station is ___ little far from here. Do you have ____ map?
Explanation: The closest (superlative form) a little (indicating quantity) the map (specific map of the road)