Goldman Sachs Logical Reasoning Questions And Answers
Goldman Sachs Logical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for Goldman Sachs Exam. These Logical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous Goldman Sachs placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Goldman Sachs drives.
1. Complete the series by replacing the ? : 6, 11, 21, 36, 56, ?
Explanation: +5 +10 +15 +20 +25 6 11 21 36 56 81
2. Complete the series A70B D65F H60J ________ P50R
Explanation: The last alphabet i.e. B, F, J are changing by +4 places.
So, after J, N comes.
3. If the seventh day of a month is three days earlier than Friday, what day will it be on the nineteenth day of the month?
Explanation: 7th day should be Tuesday as 3 days before Friday is Tuesday. Then 19 – 7 = 12 days after that should be Sunday.
4. Village A is 20 kilometres to the north of Village B. Village C is 18 kilometres to the east of Village B, Village D is 12 kilometres to the west of Village A. If Raj Gopal starts from Village C and goes to Village D, in which direction is he from his starting point?
Explanation: Raj is towards North – West w.r.t. starting point.
5. If the word ‘EXAMINATION’ is coded as 56149512965, then the word ‘GOVERNMENT’ is coded as:
Explanation: We are given that, ‘EXAMINATION’ = 56149512965
We can see that number places according to alphabetical order of E = 5, X = 24, A = 1, M = 13, I = 9, N = 14, T = 20, O = 15.
We can see the pattern as if the number > 9, then sum of the digit is assigned to that letter.
If the number place < 9, the number place is assigned to that letter.
In GOVERNMENT, G = 7, O = 1+5 = 6, V = 2+2 = 4, E = 5, R = 1+8 = 9, N = 1+4 = 5, M = 1+3 = 4, E = 5, N = 1+4 = 5, T = 2+0 = 2
Therefore, the code for ‘GOVERNMENT’ = 7645954552. Hence, option A is the correct answer.
6. If DOOR = 25, LOWER=37, TOWER=18, then OVER = ?
Explanation: Rule=add positions of alphabets and then reverse the result DOOR = 4+15+15+18 = 52 = reverse 52 to give 25
7. 30What will come in the place of the question mark (?) in the following series based on the above arrangement ? : P R J , # L 3 , 7 I 2 , @ O N , ?
Explanation: Series : P R J , # L 3 , 7 I 2 , @ O N , ?
PRJ : R is second to the left of P and J is second to the left of R.
For the next sequence that start with ‘#’, we go third to the left of first letter of previous sequence.
#L3 : L is second to the left of # and 3 is second to the left of L.
Now, again we go 3rd to the right of # and the next sequence will start with 7.
Similarly, after @ON, the next sequence = D K C
8. One morning Udai and Vishal were talking to each other face to face at a crossing. If Vishal's shadow was exactly to the left of Udai, which direction was Udai facing?
Explanation: North was Udai facing
9. If 15 March 1816 was Friday, what day of the week would 15th April 1916 be?
Explanation: We are given that 15th March 1816 was a Friday.
Now we know that 100 years have 5 odd days. So till 15th March 1916, we will be having 5 odd days. So if we move from 15th March 1816 to 15th March 1916, we will encounter 5 odd days.
Now from 15th March 1916 to 15th April 1916 there would be 3 odd days.
So total number of odd days = 5+3 =8
8 mod 7 = 1
So 15th April 1916 would be Friday + 1= Saturday
10. There is a clock which loses 5 minutes after every hour. It shows the correct time at 9 o clock on Wednesday on 1st September. Among the following options, when will it show the correct time of 9 o clock again?
Explanation: Since the watch has to show correct time as 9, when it looses 12 hours.
Time taken to lose 5 minutes = 1 hour.
Time taken to lose 12 hours = 12*60/5 = 144 hours = 6days
Starting from Wednesday, after 6 days it would be Tuesday 7th September.
After Tuesday 7th September, Monday (13 th September) would occur after further 6 days.