Amdocs Technical Questions And Answers
Amdocs Technical MCQs : This section focuses on "Technical Questions" for Amdocs Exam. These Technical MCQs are asked in previous Amdocs placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Amdocs drives.
1. A data type is stored as a 6 bit signed integer. Which of the following cannot be represented by this data type?
Explanation: 2^6 = 64. So you can represent 64 values. This means 0 to 63 for unsigned integer and -32 to 31 for signed integer (twos complement).
2. Ashima wants to print a pattern which includes checking and changing a variables value iteratively She decides to use a loop/condition Which of the following options should she use such that the body of the loop/condition is executed at least once whether the variable satisfies the entering condition or not ?
Explanation: Unlike for and while loops, which test the loop condition at the top of the loop, the do…while loop in C programming checks its condition at the bottom of the loop. A do…while loop is similar to a while loop, except the fact that it is guaranteed to execute at least one time.
3. What is the difference between a function and a method?
Explanation: A function is a piece of code that is called by name. It can be passed data to operate on (i.e. the parameters) and can optionally return data (the return value). All data that is passed to a function is explicitly passed. A method is a piece of code that is called by a name that is associated with an object.
4. A complete binary tree with 5 levels has how many nodes? (root is level 1)
Explanation: n(n+1) + 1 = no. of nodes in complete binary tree.
n = no. of levels in binary tree.
5(5 +1) + 1 =31.
5. Choose the correct answer Stack is useful for implementing
Explanation: Stack is used for implementing recursion and depth first search.
6. In a binary max heap containing n numbers, the smallest element can be found in _________ time?
Explanation: In a binary max heap containing n numbers, the smallest element can be found in O(n) time
7. Which sorting method is slowest?
Explanation: Bubble sorting method is slowest
8. Information about an array used in a program will be stored in
Explanation: Information about an array used in a program will be stored in dope vector
9. What is the formula to be used to calculate the total number of comparisons in bubble sort with n elements after k iterations?
Explanation: (2kn - k*k +k)/2 is the formula to be used to calculate the total number of comparisons in bubble sort with n elements after k iterations
10. Preorder is
Explanation: Preorder is depth first order