Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" of Tech Mahindra Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Tech Mahindra placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Tech Mahindra drives.
1. Although______________________, the name roller coaster stuck.
Explanation: The latter part of the sentence implies that though the previous name 'roller coaster' is not quite literal now, it has still persisted. The missing part should, thus, highlight the reason why the literal meaning of roller coaster does not apply now. Hence, option D is the correct answer.
2. Lotus plants grow in muddy shallow waters yet _____________.
Explanation: The former part of the sentence mentions that lotus plants grow in muddy and shallow waters. This is followed by the word 'yet', which implies that the latter part of the sentence should tell something that opposes the former part. Lotus plants grow in muddy shallow waters and despite that they manage to keep themselves dirt free. Hence, option C is the correct option.
3. This building comprises _________ sixty rooms.
Explanation: no preposition needed
4. Namrata was found to ...... the required qualifications for the job.
Explanation: found to possess the required qualifications is the correct usage
5. Find of which part of the sentence below has an error and mark the option accordingly.
Explanation: Correct Answer : A
6. Find out which part of the sentence below has an error and mark the option accordingly.
I am well / I would / prefer coffee / to cool drinks.
Explanation: in the place of to cool drinks the statement must have over cool drinks
7. Mark the option which is closest to the meaning of the word given below.
Explanation: making a problem or offence worse or more serious
8. Choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word/phrase.
Explanation: Shy : is the correct answer because the meaning of shy is nervous or timid in the company of other people and this is the synonym of the word timid as they have the same or similar meaning and they can replace each other as they have the same meaning. Thus, this is the correct answer.
9. Challenges must be __________ to realize the _________ of a greater regional economic integration.
Explanation: Challenges must be overcome it will not be suppressed, ignored or sustained so it eliminates B, C and D. And potential fits in the second blank.
10. He is got a sharp ________. He might just get into trouble, if he is not careful.
Explanation: He is got a sharp Tongue. He might just get into trouble, if he is not careful.