Oracle Analytical Reasoning Questions & Answers
Oracle Analytical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Analytical Reasoning" for Oracle Exam. These Analytical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous Oracle placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Oracle drives.
1. 1, 4, 27, 16, ?, 36, 343
Explanation: let, series consists of cubes of odd numbers and squares of even numbers
i.e., 13 ,22 ,33 ,42....
so, missing term=53
hence answer is 125
2. Statement: Vegetable prices are soaring in the market.
Conclusions: I. Vegetables are becoming a rare commodity.
II. People cannot eat vegetables.
Explanation: The availability of vegetables is not mentioned in the given statement. So, I does not follow. Also, II is not directly related to the statement and so it also does not follow.
3. In a certain code language, '297' means 'tie clip button'. Which number means 'button'?
I. In that language '926' means 'clip your tie'.
II. In that language '175' means 'hole and button'.
Explanation: Comparing the information in the question with statement I, we find that '2' and '9' are the codes for 'tie' and 'clip'. So, '7' represents 'button'. Thus, I alone is sufficient. Again, comparing the information in the question with II, we find that the common code number '7' stands for common word 'button'. Thus, II alone also is sufficient.
4. A's mother's son's only sister is B. How is A related to C, if B is the mother of C's daughter ?
Explanation: A's mother's son's only sister is B means B is A's sister. B is the mother of C's daughter means C is B's husband. C is B's husband and B is A's sister means A is the brother-in-law of C.
5. In a certain code language if the word PANCREAS is coded as SAERCNAP, then how is the word STADIUM coded in that language?
Explanation: Word : PANCREAS
Pattern : Letters in the word are reversed.
Code : SAERCNAP
Similarly, the code for STADIUM is MUIDATS.
6. In a certain code 'MOTHER' is written as 'ONHURF'. How will 'ANSWER' be written in that code?
Explanation: Split the letters of the word MOTHER in three equal parts. Reverse the order of letters in each part and then write the 2nd, 4th and 6th letters one place forward. You get ONHURF.
MO TH ER --> OM HT RE --> ON HU RF
Similarly, code for ANSWER will be obtained as:
ANSWER --> NAWSRE --> NBWTRF
Explanation: the second one is the production of the first one.
8. Showing the man receiving the prize, Saroj said, "He is the brother of my uncle's daughter." Who is the man to Saroj?
Explanation: Brother of uncle's daughter - uncle's son - cousin. So, the man is Saroj's cousin.
9. x _ x x _ x _ x y x x _ x _
Explanation: Here the series follows as, x y / x x y / x x x y / x x x x y. Therefore, y y x x y.
10. Up,down,below,above,small. Pick the odd one out
Explanation: all except small are prepositions whereas small is the adjective