Operating System MCQ - Scheduling Algorithms
Scheduling Algorithms MCQs : This section focuses on "Scheduling Algorithms" in Operating System. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Operating System skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. The algorithms are ________.
Explanation: The algorithms are either non-preemptive or preemptive.
2. Which of the following is process scheduling algorithms?
Explanation: There are six popular process scheduling algorithms : First-Come, First-Served (FCFS) Scheduling, Shortest-Job-Next (SJN) Scheduling, Priority Scheduling, Shortest Remaining Time, Round Robin(RR) Scheduling, Multiple-Level Queues Scheduling
3. Which of the following algorithms work based on priority?
Explanation: The preemptive scheduling is based on priority where a scheduler may preempt a low priority running process anytime when a high priority process enters into a ready state.
4. Which of the following is false regarding First Come First Serve (FCFS)?
Explanation: In FCFS, Poor in performance.
5. Shortest Job Next is also known as?
Explanation: Shortest Job Next (SJN) : This is also known as shortest job first, or SJF
6. Which of the following is non-preemptive algorithm?
Explanation: Priority scheduling is a non-preemptive algorithm and one of the most common scheduling algorithms in batch systems.
7. In Round Robin Scheduling, Each process is provided a fix time to execute, it is called a?
Explanation: Each process is provided a fix time to execute, it is called a quantum.
8. Which of the following is preemptive algorithm?
Explanation: Both A and B is preemptive algorithm
9. __________ is used to save states of preempted processes.
Explanation: In RR, Context switching is used to save states of preempted processes.
10. In Priority Based Scheduling, if Processes have same priority then which Scheduling algorithm is used?
Explanation: Processes with same priority are executed on first come first served basis.