Mu Sigma Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
Mu Sigma Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for Mu Sigma Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Mu Sigma placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Mu Sigma drives.
1. Choose the option which is synonymous with the words : Oyo is the most sought-after start-up workplace in India.
Explanation: Meaning of Sought-after is: generally desired, rebuffed means rejected, desired means demanded, dislike means to be hate or feel distastes and Unmarketable means not fit to be offered for sale, hence the answer option B, which is a synonym.
2. Choose the option that is the plural form of the given word : Radius
Explanation: The plural of the word RADIUS is RADII.
3. In the following, the questions choose the Synonyms: FEEBLE
Explanation: Feeble refers to a lack of physical strength, which might be caused by age or illness.
Weak is the synonym of feeble.
4. Change the speech of the following sentence : People said, “we would apply for Mu Sigma”
Explanation: The given sentence is in direct speech, the modal ‘would’ does not change and remains the same in indirect speech.
5. Antonym of VIRTUE
Explanation: Virtue means honesty or goodness.
Vice means wickedness or badness.
Tiny means small
Useless means of no use
Compulsory means necessary or essential
So, the antonym of Virtue is vice
6. Choose the correct meaning of the idiom/proverb given below : “To keep one’s temper”
Explanation: To remain calm the correct meaning of the idiom/proverb
7. Correct the given sentence by choosing appropriate choice : I remember my sister taking me to the museum.
Explanation: The correct sentence will be - I remember being taken to the museum by my sister.
8. Complete the sentence by using correct preposition : The police are cautioned _____ thieves.
Explanation: The correct sentence is : The police are cautioned against thieves. against is used as oppose to thief.
9. A committee has been…………..to…………..the transformation of the city into an International finance center.
Explanation: appointed - to choose somebody for a job or position
oversee -to watch something to make sure that it is done properly
10. Choose the correct preposition from the option to fill in the blank : A little cruise sank ___________ the waves.
Explanation: Beneath is used to show the placement of something directly underneath other.