Mu Sigma Logical Reasoning Questions And Answers
Mu Sigma Logical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for Mu Sigma Exam. These Logical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous Mu Sigma placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Mu Sigma drives.
1. Statement: "Ram is appointed as an engineer with a trial period of 6 months and will be reviewed as per his performance at the end of the period for confirmation."
I. The performance of Ram is not known at the time of appointment offer.
II.Ram will try to prove his worth in the trial period
Explanation: The performance of the Ram has to be tested over a span of time as the statement mentions. So, I is implicit. The statement mentions that the Ram’s worth shall be reviewed (during trial period) before confirmation. So, II is also implicit.
2. Village Q is to the North of the village P. The village R is in the East of Village Q. The village S is to the left of the village P. In which direction is the village S with respect to village R?
Explanation: S is to the South-West of R.
3. Direction(1-6) A, B, C, D, E, and F are six friends seated around a Hexagon table, each at one corner and all are facing the center of the table. D is second to the left of B. C is sitting between F, and A. E is second to the right of A. Who is sitting opposite to D?
Explanation: C is sitting just to the opposite of D.
4. 1526 N E Madison Avenue.....................1526 M E Madison Avenue
Explanation: 1526 N E Madison Avenue different 1526 M E Madison Avenue
5. A is the father of B. But B is not the son of A. Then what is B to A?
Explanation: The relation is father and daughter. As we go with male gender, will be son of A. But it is given in the question that B is not the son of A. Hence, te only possile is B is female and B is daughter of A.
6. A software engineer has the capability of thinking 100 lines of code in five minutes and can type 100 lines of code in 10 minutes. He takes a break for five minutes after every ten minutes. How many lines of codes will he complete typing after an hour?
Explanation: First, 5 five minutes he thinks, next five minutess he write code then takes a break. So for the first 15 mins he writes 50 lines of code. Next 5 minutes he write, then 5 min. think & 5 minutes rest. Next 10 minutes write, then 5 minutes rest. Next 5 minutes think, 5 minutes write and 5 minutes he takes rest. 25 minutes he write. In 10 min he writes 100 lines. So in 25 min. 250 lines.
7. A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20ft. tall. Each hour, it hops 3ft. and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top?
Explanation: Every hour, he gains 3 ft and loses 2 ft, for a total gain of 1 ft. So after the 17th hour, he's at 17 ft high. in the 18th hour, he climbs up 3 feet. Since 17 ft + 3 ft = 20 ft, he's at the top of the tree. So option c.
8. Pointing to a photograph of a boy, Ramesh said, "He is the son of the only son of my mother." How is Ramesh related to that boy?
Explanation: The boy present in the picture is the only son of the son of Ramesh's mother i.e., the son of Ramesh. Hence, Ramesh is the father of boy.
9. Statement: Some squares are circles, Some circles are rectangles.
Conclusion: I.At least some rectangles are squares.
II.No rectangle is a square.
Explanation: Either conclusion I or II follows
10. Showing a man a woman said, "His brother's father is the only son of my grandfather". How is the woman related to the man?
Explanation: The man brother father means his father is the only son of woman grandfather
=> grandfather to the man also
=> Woman and the man are brother and sisters.