Infosys Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
Infosys Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" of Infosys Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Infosys Recruitment Exams & drives for freshers and will help you to prepare for upcoming exams and recruitment drives.
1. Find out which part of the sentence below has an error and mark the option accordingly.
Being worked for a whole day, you should have taken some rest and started working tomorrow.
Explanation: Having worked for the whole day, you should have taken some rest and started working tomorrow.
2. When it was morning they decided to put at an inn.
Explanation: Put up means to construct something.
Thus, the correct version should be :
When it was morning they decided to put up at an inn.
3. ____________ it has been raining continuously, the Indian Premiere League has to be continued.
Explanation: The use of although when admitting a fact about something which you regard as less important than a contrasting fact.
4. The bus could not(A) / ascend the steep hill(B) / because it was in the wrong gears(C) / No error(D)
Explanation: Replace gears by gear
5. When Varun left the cocktail party he was as ________ as a judge.
Explanation: When Varun left the cocktail party he was as wise as a judge. Wise means showing experience.
6. Ornithologist : Bird :: Archaeologist : ?
Explanation: As Ornithologist is a specialist of Birds similarly Archaeologist is aspecialist of Archaeology.
7. Give one word for this sentence
Parts of a country behind the coast or a river bank?
Explanation: One word substitute is Hinterland.
Swamps: an area of low-lying, uncultivated ground where water collects; a bog or marsh.
Archipelago: an extensive group of islands.
Hinterland: the remote areas of a country away from the coast or the banks of major rivers.
Isthmus: a narrow strip of land with sea on either side, forming a link between two larger areas of land.
8. Identify which part of the sentence has error and mark it as answer
1. A number of trainees who
2. take this course every year find
3. that their
4. knowledge of mathematics is
5. No error
Explanation: No Error
9. LOGIC : BHFNK : : CLERK : ?
Explanation: The order of the letters of the first group is reversed and each letter is moved one step backward to obtain the correspondin letters of the second group.
10. A disease of mind causing an uncontrollable desire to steal
Explanation: One word substitute is Kleptomania.
Schizophrenia: a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.
Claustrophobia: extreme or irrational fear of confined places.
Kleptomania: a recurrent urge to steal, typically without regard for need or profit. Megalomania: obsession with the exercise of power.
11. Fill in the blank(s) with the most suitable option. There________ four excellent restaurants in the center of town.
Explanation: With there always use are.
12. Which of phrases given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold type to make the grammatically correct? Had you been told me about your problem, I would have helped you.
Explanation: We cannot use 'would' twice in a sentence.
Since the sentence is a past perfect tense form, if you had told would be appropriate.
13. He found the gold coin as he cleans the floor.
Explanation: He found the gold coin while cleaning the floor.
14. Satish was endowed ……… a natural talent for music.
Explanation: Satish was endowed with a natural talent for music.
With meaning 'in the same place as' or With means 'in the same place as someone or something' or 'accompanying'.
15. And though one did not(A) / quite believe his claim(B) / one saw no harm(C) / in granting him permission(D) / No error(E)
Explanation: The sentence is grammatically correct. No error.
16. BDF : GIK : : PRT :
Explanation: BDF forms a sequence of alternate letters and after continuing F and G the GIK and PRT follow a sequence of alternate letters and the answer is UWY.
17. The building comprises ...... sixty rooms.
Explanation: Comprises is used without the preposition 'of'. however, if you use composed or consists then we use 'of'.
18. Give one word for the given sentence : Study of the evolution of man as an animal is known as
Explanation: Anthropology, the study of human culture, society, and biology.
19. Change of speech : "Please don't go away", she said.
Explanation: She begged me not to go away.
20. One Word Substitutes : A building for storing threshed grain