Infosys Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
Infosys Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" of Infosys Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous Infosys Recruitment Exams & drives for freshers and will help you to prepare for upcoming exams and recruitment drives.
1. Find out which part of the sentence below has an error and mark the option accordingly.
Being worked for a whole day, you should have taken some rest and started working tomorrow.
Explanation: Having worked for the whole day, you should have taken some rest and started working tomorrow.
2. When it was morning they decided to put at an inn.
Explanation: Put up means to construct something.
Thus, the correct version should be :
When it was morning they decided to put up at an inn.
3. ____________ it has been raining continuously, the Indian Premiere League has to be continued.
Explanation: The use of although when admitting a fact about something which you regard as less important than a contrasting fact.
4. The bus could not(A) / ascend the steep hill(B) / because it was in the wrong gears(C) / No error(D)
Explanation: Replace gears by gear
5. When Varun left the cocktail party he was as ________ as a judge.
Explanation: When Varun left the cocktail party he was as wise as a judge. Wise means showing experience.
6. Ornithologist : Bird :: Archaeologist : ?
Explanation: As Ornithologist is a specialist of Birds similarly Archaeologist is aspecialist of Archaeology.
7. Give one word for this sentence
Parts of a country behind the coast or a river bank?
Explanation: One word substitute is Hinterland.
Swamps: an area of low-lying, uncultivated ground where water collects; a bog or marsh.
Archipelago: an extensive group of islands.
Hinterland: the remote areas of a country away from the coast or the banks of major rivers.
Isthmus: a narrow strip of land with sea on either side, forming a link between two larger areas of land.
8. Identify which part of the sentence has error and mark it as answer
1. A number of trainees who
2. take this course every year find
3. that their
4. knowledge of mathematics is
5. No error
Explanation: No Error
9. LOGIC : BHFNK : : CLERK : ?
Explanation: The order of the letters of the first group is reversed and each letter is moved one step backward to obtain the correspondin letters of the second group.
10. A disease of mind causing an uncontrollable desire to steal
Explanation: One word substitute is Kleptomania.
Schizophrenia: a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.
Claustrophobia: extreme or irrational fear of confined places.
Kleptomania: a recurrent urge to steal, typically without regard for need or profit. Megalomania: obsession with the exercise of power.