HSBC Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
HSBC Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for HSBC Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous HSBC placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming HSBC drives.
1. What is the synonym for ERRONEOUS
Explanation: Erroneous - based on wrong information. Therefore, wrong is the appropriate synonym for the given word.
2. Direction: Select the correct option that fills the blank(s) to make the sentence meaningfully complete : She _________ most of her time to music.
Explanation: Since the above sentence contains TO in it, we need to fill in the blank with a phrase that goes along with TO. Devoted and lent are the possible matches but since we kind of devote to music rather than lend it anything of ours, DEVOTED TO is the best match possible.
3. Rearrange the given words to form the correct and complete sentence : 1. I 2. immediately 3. salary 4. my 5. want
Explanation: The complete and correct sentence is - "I want my salary immediately."
4. The public are cautioned _________ pickpockets.
Explanation: against is the appropriate word as the public is cautious from pickpockets.
5. Choose the most appropriate word for the given sentences :Let us play ----- chess.
Explanation: As the sentence is correct and grammatically perfect no article is required.
6. Find the appropriate meaning of the following idioms and phrases from the given options : At one's wit's end
Explanation: Perplexed means cause to feel completely baffled.
Example: Rahul was at his wit's end to find that his sister has failed.
7. The king said, “You shall get a reward for this honest act.”
Explanation: The indirect speech of given sentence is - The king said that he would get a reward for that honest act.
8. The workers are hell bent at getting what is due to them.
Explanation: The correct sentence will be - The workers are hell bent upon getting, what is due to them.
9. Rearrange the given words to form the correct and complete sentence : 1. left 2. the 3. house 4. he 5. suddenly
Explanation: "He suddenly left the house."
10. She wants to become ________ engineer.
Explanation: As engineer starts with a vowel "e" therefore, an will be added before it.