HSBC Logical Reasoning Questions And Answers
HSBC Logical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for HSBC Exam. These Logical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous HSBC placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming HSBC drives.
1. In a code sign DRLAL is coded as 62014314. How CAMEL is coded ?
Explanation: Add two in the serial number of letters as :
D = 4th + 2 = 6
R= 18th + 2 = 20
L = 12th + 2 = 14
A = 1st + 2 = 3
L = 12th + 2 = 14
2. Pointing to a girl in the photograph, Ajay said, "Her mother's brother is the only son of my mother's father." How is the girl's mother related to Ajay ?
Explanation: Only son of Ajay's mother's father -- Ajay's maternal uncle.
So, the girl's maternal uncle is Ajay's maternal uncle.
Thus, the girl's mother is Ajay's aunt.
3. I am facing East. Turning to the right I go 20 m, then turning to the left I go 20 m and turning to the right I go 20 m, then again turning to the right I go 40 m and then again I go 40 m to the right. In which direction am I from my original position?
Explanation: It is clear that, now I am to the west with respect to the original position.
4. 26, 63, 124, 215, 342.....
Explanation: All the numbers in the sequence are 1 less than the cubes of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Therefore, 511 is the answer.
5. Statements: The old order changed yielding place to new.
Change is the law of nature.
Discard old ideas because they are old.
Explanation: Clearly, I directly follows from the given statement. Also, it is mentioned that old ideas are replaced by new ones, as thinking changes with the progressing time. So, II does not follow.
6. Choose a number that is similar to the numbers given in the set: (124, 331, 403)
Explanation: In this set, all the numbers have their digit sum as 7.
Out of these options, answer will be 205 as this is the only option with digit sum 7.
Hence, the correct answer is B
7. In a certain code 'MISSIONS' is written as 'MSIISNOS'. How is 'ONLINE' written in that code?
Explanation: First and last letter remain same. The others interchange their positions in pair of two. So, NL become LN IN become NI so code of ONLINE will be OLNNIE
8. Six persons A, B, C, D, E & F are standing in a circle. B is between D & C. A is between E & C. F is at the right of D. Who is between A & F?
Explanation: E will be between A & F.
9. Evaluate 3 + 6 x (5 + 4) ÷ 3 - 7 using the order of operations.
10. Statements: In a one day cricket match, the total runs made by a team were 200. Out of these 160 runs were made by spinners.
80% of the team consists of spinners.
The opening batsmen were spinners.
Explanation: According to the statement, 80% of the total runs were made by spinners. So, I does not follow. Nothing about the opening batsmen is mentioned in the statement. So, II also does not follow.